You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.6 - Beta 5)

21 minutes ago, MattP said:

I don't get this behaviour - can you tell me what keyboard you're using (what language?) and what version of OS X? Thanks! :)

Magic Keyboard with Sierra. I think there is some problem with the system itself because now all my apps like sketch, ad, photoshop it`s the same problem. Even Chrome... lol

@andremacola MattP asked what language keyboard you are using -- this can make a difference because Apple keyboards sold in different parts of the world have different key maps & number of keys.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 8/7/2017 at 5:08 AM, MEB said:

Are the retail versions (and the Betas) being installed in the root of the Applications folder? If not make sure they are all there, otherwise the Betas will not be able to recognise/find the retail versions.

Mystery solved. I do indeed have a symlink defined for the Applications folder. While not a problem for the retail versions, evidently this is an issue for the betas. Hopefully, this will be addressed in an upcoming beta release. For now, I have moved my Applications folder to the volume root to be able to run the betas.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/1/2017 at 2:08 PM, jeff said:

Artistic type is creating a layer outside of the selected Artboard. Specifically, in a file with multiple Artboards,

Did you ever find a fix for this? I just noticed this happening when I began working with a lot more text for a project. I'm using Affinity Designer 1.6.

6 minutes ago, TristanB said:

Did you ever find a fix for this? I just noticed this happening when I began working with a lot more text for a project. I'm using Affinity Designer 1.6.

No, unfortunately not. The problem still persists in the release version of 1.6. The 'workaround' I've been using to keep my sanity and Layers in some semblance of order is to duplicate an existing text layer near the layer hierarchy position where i'm currently working, which will put the newly duplicated layer in roughly the right location. Certainly not ideal. Sorry.

Seeing how this topic is now old and no longer being worked on, it might be better to mention this again in the newer beta thread so it isn't forgotten.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• Staff
On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:04 PM, jeff said:

No, unfortunately not. The problem still persists in the release version of 1.6. The 'workaround' I've been using to keep my sanity and Layers in some semblance of order is to duplicate an existing text layer near the layer hierarchy position where i'm currently working, which will put the newly duplicated layer in roughly the right location. Certainly not ideal. Sorry.

This specific issue is already addressed in the Beta that @Bri-Toon has linked to above :). If testing goes well it will be part of the 1.6.1 release

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.