You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Show indicators in histogram upon hovering over picture

Hi, I love the software, but miss some crutches I often use in other software.

Rawtherapee has a really neat feature where the gray and rgb brightness values for the pixel you are hovering over are indicated in the histogram. I find this very useful for quickly checking my work. Once I start adjusting curves, levels, etc. it's easy to lose track of the desired brightness and color (e.g. Glowing eyes, reddening skin, etc.) and this really helps remaining in the proper ball-park, by providing a quick and easy check. 

I would love to have this!

thanks!

Wouter

Hey, that helps sort of, but not as much as I'd like:

http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/File:Rt_histogram_rgbindicator.png

That's what it looks like in RawTherapee. The markers are incredibly helpful to determine what part of the image corresponds to which part of the histogram, and (at least to me) the markers are a lot easier to interpret than a table with numbers. I have built up some experience over time, and simply hovering over a face provides me with a lot of information on where to go with the image (WB, exposure correction, etc.) to get the skin tone as I like it. 

Thanks for reading!

Wouter

• 3 months later...