You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Highlight clipping indicator photo persona

• 4 months later...

+1

Just bought the software and already miss the highlight- and shadow-clipping-warning in the photo persona. I'm used to it from Lightroom and Photoshop and Affinity needs it too.

Coloured triangles in the edges of the histogramm would be great, coloured parts in the pic would be even better.

Thanks

Michael

Ah, that's what I've seen once while testing. Had forgotten how to get there.

But: what about clipping warning in the curves tool? And there are so many other possibilies to introduce clipping to a picture. The Lightroom solution looks perfect for me, with the triangles in the histogramm and the alerting colours in the picture if clipping occurs.

Thanks!

Michael

• 6 months later...

I find it very odd that this is in the Develop Persona but Affinity apparently are not prepared to add it to the Photo Persona. Perhaps sombody would care to explain the logic behind such a decision. I would have thought it a basic requirement.

• 1 month later...

I just spent over an hour trying to find the clipping indicator in the Photo Persona. Then to find out it is only available in Develop Persona.  Very frustrating!!!!  Please find a way to implement this tool into the Photo Persona. It would be very helpful!  Every other piece of photo editing software I own (Lightroom, ON1 RAW, DXO Photolab, Luminar) has it implemented and easily available.

24 minutes ago, Christoph Daniel said:

I would very well take that as being willing to have a look at implementing it

Threads are often moved when it becomes clear that they are requests for a function that the Affinity application does not yet support. There's no intended indication, as far as I've seen, that the movement means they'll consider implementing it. After all, there's no such indication for threads that started in the Feature Requests forum in the first place.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Walt, you're absolutely right, but that's not what I meant. Reading my post again, I should have phrased that better. Let me try again. :D

What I actually meant to say was that having this thread moved to the feature requests area is all one can hope to achieve. I don't think Serif will ignore these requests. I haven't been around long, but I do get the feeling that they take feature requests seriously and take them into consideration when planning (and prioritizing) features that could go into the next release. Being a software developer myself, I feel that's all I can ask for (even though I, too, have posted and supported requests that are really important to me).

What triggered my comment in the first place was the claim that they "are not prepared to add [the feature] to the Photo Persona." Given the above, plus the lack of insight into the actual development process, I don't think we have enough information to support that claim.

9 hours ago, Christoph Daniel said:

What triggered my comment in the first place was the claim that they "are not prepared to add [the feature] to the Photo Persona." Given the above, plus the lack of insight into the actual development process, I don't think we have enough information to support that claim

I agree, Christoph.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 9 months later...
3 hours ago, Hedron Engineer said:

I wonder, is there any update on this front?

The developers generally do not comment on feature requests. 

If they are willing to commit to an intent to work on something then it will show up on the roadmap at some time.

Otherwise, unless they say they are not doing it, we usually have no way of knowing.

-- Walt
PC: