You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't open PagePlus files in Affinity Designer

I have used PagePlus for many years and have a vast number of documents saved, some of which I need to update from time to time.  Now, having purchased both Designer and Affinity Photo I find that I cannot open my PagePlus documents in Designer so have had to load the old PagePlus on to my new computer so that I can still work on the PP documents when needed.  I find this very disappointing.  I am probably on the wrong forum, but couldn't find anything relating to my problem!

Designer and Photo are completely new products, also PagePlus is a page layout program. Designer is a vector drawing program like DrawPlus. 

You would have the same problem if you moved from inDesign to Corel Draw or QuarkExpress to Illustrator.

The advantage of starting from scratch is clean code, unlike Windows OS which still uses legacy code written in the 1800s. Disadvantages are what you just found.

There is a page layour program on the horizon "Affinity Publisher" but that wont load PagePlus either, or so I believe. Different feature sets. 

I've had the same problem over the years using PageMaker, Corel Draw, Macromedia Freehand and many others. That's what they call progress.

At least you can still use Pageplus.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.