You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo messing up meta data in EXIF (GPS and recording time)

Hey folks, 

actually I am very upset at the moment cause I have to repair manually lot of the data from my photos made from my trip in Scotland. Actually I use the raw development from my Panasonic data and this kills and messes up everything in the EXIF. 

E.g. the GPS data that is recorded well in the jpeg and the .rw2 file from the cam. I open the rw2 and develop with affinity photo and long story short... after the export to jpeg again the GPS data is "modified" means that the longitude is changed from west to east ??? WHY!? Finally all of my pics have been shot in the middle of the north sea now... great! 

Another thing is the time stamp in the file.. After editing, developing, editing and exporting to Jpeg I place the photos to the Macintosh app Photos to use as library After the import of the files the mess begins... all photos are mixed up and not anymore in the right order. I hit CMD+I for the information ... the timestamp seems to be correct. I dabble click the time to check the timezone ... and it is f***** up.. no time zone and a time which has nothing to do with the original and neither with the editing 

Maybe someone have an idea how to fix it for the future... now I have edited all timestamps and gps data manually which took me some days what I want to avoid in future...

timestamp.png

• Staff

Hi Patryk,

I just tested this on a RAW file from a different camera and failed to replicate any of the points you've raised.  Could you upload a couple of original (before they have been processed by Affinity) RAW files to this link and i'll see if i get the same results.

I did look for a sample RAW online for your camera and found plenty but none with the GPS location enabled.  

Dear stokerg, 

thanks for the reply. I have uploaded you a sample RAW and the JPEG that I have exported with Affinity Photo. Just opening in Apple preview already shows by hitting CMD+I that the GPS Tag is messed by switching the longitude from West to East. 

Hope you have any idea how to fix this :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2.8.2017 at 2:20 PM, stokerg said:

Hi Patryk,

I just tested this on a RAW file from a different camera and failed to replicate any of the points you've raised.  Could you upload a couple of original (before they have been processed by Affinity) RAW files to this link and i'll see if i get the same results.

I did look for a sample RAW online for your camera and found plenty but none with the GPS location enabled.  

Hey stokerg,

hope you received the files. Anything new regarding this issue?

BR Patryk

• 6 months later...

Hey folks, 

this problem with "f*ckin up my gps data" while developing raws with gps data inside affinity photo destroys my motivation editing my pictures with AP. Doesn't matter if I take the last release built or the newest beta. 

The problem is like described above:

GPS Data in the RAW file is correct

after editing with affinity  photo the GPS Data is switched from Western to Eastern longitude. So all the pictures now are relocated from Costa Rica right to the middle of the bay of Bengal between India and Sri Lanka.

Is there any chance to fix this soon?