You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Fixed] Crash on using perspective live filter with text layer

Hi,

I tried to write a text on a road. To do this I need a perspective correction, which I tried to do with the perspective live filter. But this cases a crash, every time I use this live filter. See screenshot attached to this post.

Crash.jpg

I also attached the Affinity Photo file before configuring the live filter:

road-220058.afphoto

• Staff

Hi cdaerr,

What is the version number of Affinity Photo you are using? I've tried this myself and have been unable to make it crash, however with that said the Live Perspective Filter has had a few crashes in before.

Hi Sean P,

I'm using 1.6.0.76. I updated to this version just before writing this post.

I also tried to reproduce, but this time I didnt have problems with this file. So I copied a more complex text from the original file to the test file. The only problem I can reproduce is a very high CPU Load and memory usage:

road-220058_2_CPU_Load.thumb.jpg.d8460f0b7d828d132c7349d67dc9b023.jpg

I also added the changed Affinty Photo project file.

When I load the original project file, whch is bigger and more complex, I get a crash on zooming and scrolling:

Crash_Original_File.thumb.jpg.871c84791796fdb2898329b04ca3e530.jpg

I can reproduce this crash, when other programs are also running. For example Firefox.

A crash report was send. Two times.

This file is too big for uploading in the forum.

road-220058_2.afphoto

• Staff

Hi cdaerr,

Would you be able to upload the large file to our Internal Dropbox so I can try to reproduce the issue? Please use the Dropbox link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/SbzFdBqKZCacbbmnfEAq

As for the memory and CPU usage goes the Live Filters are very costly. Using your file I only get high usage when moving the layers about, which I've been told by development is good because it means it is using all available computing power to do the operation.

Hi Sean P,

I just uploded the file including log files of Photo Beta from AppData directory. I hope this will help you with analysis. My impression ist that it uses too much RAM and it crashes when memory is full.

5 GB RAM usage for the testproject with nearly 1 MB seems to be too much.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.