You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm a newbe to Affinity today, my questions are:

1.  After developing an image can I delite the original from my pictures file on my Windows computer ?  What happens if I do?

2. Can I reprocess images that were previously PP in Lightroom and exported to my pictures file?

• Staff

Hi Frank,

Welcome to the Forums :)

Doing this will delete the original file so you will only have the edited version on your computer.

I'm not too sure I understand what you mean by previously PP in Light Room could you give a little more information?

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Sorry for my cute shorthand, PP means post processing.  

As as I understand it when you develop an image in Lightroom all the processing data stays in Lightroom (LR), So If I export that image from LR to my pictures file on my computer will I be able to reprocess it in Affinity?

• Staff

You will be able to reprocess it, but exact values for adjustments you have already made wont be carried over into Affinity.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Callus,

Thanks for your help, I am looking forward to working in Affinity. 

more questions, after I bring an image into Affinity and do my developing and export it into my pictures file do you suggest that I delite it from Affinity? At some point do you rename it?

I'm not sure if you're asking about  deleting the original RAW files or the .afphoto files.  Either way, while you can delete the files, I think it's a bad idea - the RAW files are your originals and at some point in the future you might want to do something completely different with them.  The .afphoto files contain all your layers and adjustments and give you the opportunity to fine tune / redo your post processing.  If you're saving the history you can step backwards and forwards through your processing.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10