You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thanks, Simon. I do not understand this about 4D... But what I reed before it is like this. That is why I asked.

What I want to know is if I can construkt a sketch with a 3D modell of a small house (one of stoneage with a few "blocks" only), that I can move on the screen and see a perspective and so on as I made it with 3DStudio many years before.

lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

• Staff
3 hours ago, larsh said:

Thanks, Simon. I do not understand this about 4D... But what I reed before it is like this. That is why I asked.

What I want to know is if I can construkt a sketch with a 3D modell of a small house (one of stoneage with a few "blocks" only), that I can move on the screen and see a perspective and so on as I made it with 3DStudio many years before.

lars

Hi Larsh,

That isn't possible in Affinity I'm afraid.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Thanks a lot Simon. 20 years ago I wrote the first course book about 3D Studio and Autocad, Visualisierung in der Architektur. But after that I needed never 3D.
Now looking for a very simple programm. I saw Blender, Scetchup and some more. Too complicated.
I need - as in old 3DStudio - four screens, in one I should lay a ground plan jpg, so that I can set simple blocks on it and give in a second screen the high, then there is a layer on a next level needed to set other blocks on the first like a T. That´s all, it is a stoneage temple...
But all I tried show first the perspective, like Wings where I understand nothing, in Blender I saw the ground with my plan but found not the way to do more... You see I don´t like manuals (and you see my english). In Android tablet there is a little programm but cannot give me a second level.
So AD was the idea to try a last way for I know the quality, using AP.
So I only need one pilar as a T to change it to several forms bigger and smaller in the same relations and some walls, that is all. But it is a joke beside the sociologists analysis (I made a real modell as I show in the attachment).
So I stopp it now.

Best regards!
lars

It is the Göbekli Tepe in Turkey, nearly 12,000 years old.

larshennings.de-GöbekliTepe_2sw.jpg

Stopp, stopp! Thanks so much, but in the moment I only asked for a later time. And I understand now AD + 4G (a little). Some of the programms you speak about I tried before without success, for to this time only one could help which I understand without a manual (as I don´t needed one for the first steps in AP). In the first view after opening there must be a ground plan, not a perspective field.
Simon, thanks again. But there is no plan with meters etc. I only constructed one 1:50 as a sketch of the small ground plan out of a book of the archaelogist. In the real modell is used only one pillar which is changed to several in same relations, in a computer modell I will only move them to the ground plan, adding some walls.
So may be I will ask you later.

Regards
lars

• Staff

Hi larsh,

SketchUp is relatively simple to use and probably the most adequate for the sample image you posted above if you have not worked in 3d in the last years. It's approach is different from AutoCad or 3DStudio from years ago in the sense that you manipulate the geometry directly on canvas rather than issuing commands (AutoCad 14) or fill dialogs (3dStudio) but it's quite easy to pick up. You may need to check the manual for one thing or two but i think the effort will worth it.

Fixx & MEB are right about SketchUp. For something like your Göbekli Tepe mockup, using SketchUp you would just need to draw the ground level elevation shapes & extrude them to the required heights. It is a little tricky to do things like 'cut' the door opening & change the cross section of the T shaped pillars, but not hard once you understand how the app works.

The big drawback is (if I am not mistaken about this) that the free version does not include any vector import functions, which means you can't draw your shapes in Affinity Designer & import them into SketchUp unless you buy the rater expensive "pro" version.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

You are so helpfull, fine! I tried now may be ten programms, mac and android, but I did not find a simple way – but a malware. All are deleted and this project is stopped now. It only should be a thing beside, fun, but makes me nervous... I am too old may be. There was a ground plan in the perspective of sketchup – as a wall, nice. Or it was in layout with rectangles on a pillar – but no 3D in sight. In blender the ground plan was included somewhere – found no 3D. I could tell some stories more. There was only one I could start with: redstick/ android; making a wall/ block, some windows/ doors left and right and there was a T-pillar in the ground and 3D – but some lines to much and it was not to copy or to change to smaller; this programm is to make a plan from a finish house and not finshed (has only one level).
So, belief me I tried to follow you. Looking to AD too, but there is no test programm as I had it month ago.

Thanks again, the best for you!
lars

Blender traditional quad view:

1.  Press <N> with the mouse cursor in the 3d viewport. This opens the view properties on the right.
  2. Locate the DISPLAY sub-panel and open it if required (click the "Display" title to show and hide the properties)
  3. Click the button Toggle Quad View.

Done. Traditional 3DS quad view.

However, 3d applications have evolved a LOT since the old 3DS days. You will have to spend a couple of days (re)learning the basics. This (German) video tutorial may be helpful:

And:

Hard to leave my project, here. OK, I loaded blender again. So give me three questions/ answers, please (the videos are not so helpfull in the moment, for I only need some cubes, and my traffic is small). I will look for a manual later.
With the quad (that´s I looked for) there is built one pillar, not correct for I failed setting the measures. Is there a way to set not the center of a cube but a ground level? It is not so importend, I can start new.
Is it possible to bring my ground plan in this zero level?
EDIT: I SAW SOME MANUALS, AND I FOUND (on the screen, not in the manuals) TO ACTIVATE THE CUBES

[old question: theLast: the pillar is made with three cubes, the first two grow together, only the third can moved now. How can I move again each of them?]

Thanks!
lars

So, now there are four pillars in the round (light gray)... rest next days.

Thanks to you all to bring me working.

lars

bl3.jpg