You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3 hours ago, JohnN said:

I can see thumbnails for RAW files from previous cameras but not for my current Canon 760D.  Any ideas?

I am on Windows10.

Proprietary camera raw formats have always been a PITA because each camera that's released requires the camera manufacturer to supply a codec in order for the files to be read.  This is the reason why you are unable to see thumbnails for your 760D, because the codec to read them is missing from Windows.

Windows File Explorer displays thumbnails and metadata correctly for the 750D, which was released at the same time as the 760D and it also displays thumbnails and metadata correctly for the 1300D and 80D, which were released a year later.  Therefore I think maybe someone at Canon forgot to supply Microsoft with the 760D raw codec...

You could try contacting Canon about it, however even if they do something about it, it will take time for the codec to make it's way into the Operating System.  They come via Windows Updates, but I think the last time the camera raw codecs were updated was in August 2016 (with the 1607 update) because codecs are installed for 80D raw files, but from the Canon 5D Mark IV onwards, codecs aren't yet installed.  I'm guessing the next time the raw codecs will be updated will be with the 1709 September update, but I don't know for sure.

Other than that, your alternatives are to use third-party codecs for Windows File Explorer (which you will likely have to pay for), but I've never used them so can't recommend or vouch for any of them.