Chalky

iPad App keeps crashing

Having watched the demo at the Apple conference I bought the app for my new iPad Pro 2.

However since downloading it, it constantly keeps crashing during use. As you start to work it simply crashes and kick me off the app completely. It's such as shame because this has rendered the app unusable. Any work I had been working on was totally wiped during the crash which has really annoyed me. There is nothing wrong with the IPad and all my other apps work fine. How can I fix this?

Hey Chalky,

Sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble.

I believe there was a memory leak which has been causing some crashes, especially when using tools such as the Selection Brush and the Inpainting Tool. Are they some of the tools you would regularly use? Development have acknowledged the issue and are working on a fix.

What type/size images are you working with? Is there anything else you can tell me which might help me get to the bottom of this if you don't use the above mentioned tools.

Hi yes I have been using RAW files imported directly from my SD card from my Nikon D810. I had been using the brush selections and shading when the crashes occur.