You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Organising resource images like skies in Photo

10 hours ago, AngusMcGonagle said:

How is it best to organise resource images in Photo? For example skies for sky replacement. At the moment they live in a Windows folder but it's not a very smart solution. Any suggestions welcome.

I do exactly that.  I have a stock images folder that contains subfolders by category (I.E. Animals, plants, sky, water, weather, etc.) and the image files themselves are named accordingly (I.E.  Moon 001, Lightning 001, etc.).  I guess you could use keyword tags so you can search by keywords, but I don't bother.

6 hours ago, AngusMcGonagle said:

Hi

How is it best to organise resource images in Photo? For example skies for sky replacement. At the moment they live in a Windows folder but it's not a very smart solution. Any suggestions welcome.

thanks

andy

Faststone Image Viewer is very good for organising and viewing bitmap images. you can see and find everything at a glance, perform quite a few edits or set it to launch the image straight into Photo. You can also use it to scan into as photo doesn't let you scan directly. It also has a really great contact sheet creator. Select a dozen photos and it places them on the sheet. Put borders on too if you want.

FSViewerScreenShot1.jpg

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

It's a great free program. I use it all the time. Only drawback is it doesn't view .afphoto files yet.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

6 minutes ago, toltec said:

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

It's a great free program.

It's a great free program for personal or educational use. For commercial use, you need to purchase a (lifetime) licence that costs US$34.95.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 weeks later...