You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some paintings of mine

30 minutes ago, AffinityAppMan said:

Unfortunately, there is no way to export brushes in AP for iPad to re-import it into another category.

If you create the brushes from scratch from within that category, this may be the way to go for now.

One way around this is to create your brushes on the computer version of AP, add them to your own category, and exporting them to Dropbox. From there you can import them into AP for iPad.

Ok thanks. Looks like im stuck with the brushes in the app for now. Im not running a computer version of Affinity.

Just now, AffinityAppMan said:

Try importing some third party brushes and see how it goes.

Doesn't seem to work I get the same message every time. 'This file type cannot be opened on this app' Ive tried a few different file types, all fail.

14 hours ago, Andych56 said:

Doesn't seem to work I get the same message every time. 'This file type cannot be opened on this app' Ive tried a few different file types, all fail.

Which particular file types have you tried? I think most, if not all, ABR brushes will import without problems; from what I've read, TPL brushes won't import directly, but if you rename a copy of a *.tpl file to *.abr it should import OK (although it will lose its "tool preset" attributes, of course).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

9 hours ago, Alfred said:

Which particular file types have you tried? I think most, if not all, ABR brushes will import without problems; from what I've read, TPL brushes won't import directly, but if you rename a copy of a *.tpl file to *.abr it should import OK (although it will lose its "tool preset" attributes, of course).

Hey Alfred,

I've had no luck ABR or the Affinity native file EXT  afbrushes. I haven't tried .tpl but I'm guessing if I convert them to ABR, they still weren't to import.

Not really sure what the import brushes option does.

Thanks for the suggestions though

16 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Andych56,

Can you please upload the .abr file(s) you are having trouble importing so we can take a look please?

You can use this link to do do. All files will be deleted after being checked.

Thanks.

HI,

Ive uploaded most of the .abr files Ive tried to import including the .afbrushes from the Affinity website.

I appreciate you looking into this for me.

Excellent work with the images and the painting :)

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

Andych56, it's just an idea but have you thought about submitting something for the 1.6 launch?
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/44775-get-your-affinity-work-featured/
I know they are asking for photos - I've no idea why they seem to be restricting this - but any of your paintings would be a great advert for what Affinity can do.

Hi Garry,

Thanks for that! That's a great idea, i'd loved the opportunity to have my work be part of an awesome piece of software like Affinity.

Im always working on something, so I'll use the time before submissions close and hand a few in.

Thanks for the heads up!

You're welcome. I hope to see some of your work on the next video.
Nothing on the linked video - as far as I can see - is about actually creating things with AP, it's all about photo manipulation.
Not showing people the painting tools is a bit like a car manufacturer showing how fast their car can go forward without showing how well it can go round corners too.
I think the Affinity team is missing a bit of a trick there so showing something like your paintings might be a good thing.

13 hours ago, GarryP said:

You're welcome. I hope to see some of your work on the next video.
Nothing on the linked video - as far as I can see - is about actually creating things with AP, it's all about photo manipulation.
Not showing people the painting tools is a bit like a car manufacturer showing how fast their car can go forward without showing how well it can go round corners too.
I think the Affinity team is missing a bit of a trick there so showing something like your paintings might be a good thing.

That's true, I had a few choices of painting apps to choose from when I first starting looking to be away from my desk. I didn't want to cough up 3-4K for the Wacom studio tablet so I could continue to use Photoshop, instead I went with the iPad Pro. The other painting apps were great and are all tailored towards digital painting but lacked the control and features of Photoshop.

Affinity had everything I wanted including the painting side built in. Some things aren't as good as the other apps but I'm able to make do. (Some minor things) I agree if they were to push the painting side more to the public it would seem like the ultimate package.

Im very happy with it and I'm happy I chose it for my go to painting app. Now I'm thinking of flicking Photoshop altogether and running Affinity on the desktop. Just not sure how stable it is. I think there's still some bugs?

I am speechless..almost! 

Absolutely fantastic pieces of work:)

I like them all!

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

On 04/08/2017 at 7:28 PM, MEB said:

Hi Andych56,

Can you please upload the .abr file(s) you are having trouble importing so we can take a look please?

You can use this link to do do. All files will be deleted after being checked.

Thanks.

Hi,

Any luck importing those brush libraries?

• Staff

Hi Andych56,

All brushes are importing correctly for me both on desktop and on iPad except Andy  - Fur & Hair.afbrushes because this is a vector based brush and can only be imported to Affinity Designer.

To import these on an iPad you must place them on iCloud drive (or other cloud service you might be using) then go to the Brushes Studio, tap the small menu icon on the top of the studio (near the Pin icon) and select Import Brushes.... If you are using iOS 10.3.3 you have to import them one by one (not sure about iOS 11 Beta as i don't have it installed here). If they are appearing greyed out for you when you try to access them from iCloud it's probably because you have Adobe Sketch installed. Removing it will allow you to install the brushes. This is a known issue that was already fixed for the next retail update.

Let me know if you still have trouble importing them.

brushes.jpg

On 8/15/2017 at 1:12 AM, MEB said:

Hi Andych56,

All brushes are importing correctly for me both on desktop and on iPad except Andy  - Fur & Hair.afbrushes because this is a vector based brush and can only be imported to Affinity Designer.

To import these on an iPad you must place them on iCloud drive (or other cloud service you might be using) then go to the Brushes Studio, tap the small menu icon on the top of the studio (near the Pin icon) and select Import Brushes.... If you are using iOS 10.3.3 you have to import them one by one (not sure about iOS 11 Beta as i don't have it installed here). If they are appearing greyed out for you when you try to access them from iCloud it's probably because you have Adobe Sketch installed. Removing it will allow you to install the brushes. This is a known issue that was already fixed for the next retail update.

Let me know if you still have trouble importing them.

brushes.jpg

Brilliant thank you! I've been using File Browser to import the brushes from my computer. Unsuccessfully! Not sure why that wouldn't work the same as importing from my dropbox?

I appreciate the help!