James Ritson

JR Macros (Workflow Aids, Tonal Effects)

Hey all, in addition to my shooting series, I also felt I should make available some of the macros I've recorded as far back as the Photo 1.5 betas and refined over time. I'll start with some workflow aids that may prove useful:

Workflow Aids

jr_workflow_aids3x.jpg

Download (ZIP archive)

This set of macros for Affinity Photo provides a number of small workflow enhancements and shortcuts, including:

• Setting up frequency separation retouching (with two high pass layers) with non-destructive vibrance and tone controls.
  • Masked local contrast filter layers for selective application.
  • Creating a set of curves adjustments for each available blend mode.
  • Setting up a non-destructive 50% grey dodge/burn layer.
  • Edge mask creation using a laplacian kernel (optionally with gaussian blurring).
  • Channel separation to individual pixel layers.

See the included Readme PDF for installation instructions and a detailed rundown of each macro.

Tonal Effects

jr_tonal_effects3x.jpg

Download (ZIP archive)

This set of macros for Affinity Photo provides a series of tonal effects and enhancements including:

• Technicolor 3-strip and 2-strip emulations.
  • LAB 50:50 channel mixing.
  • Saturation/Desaturation curves.
  • Warm and Cool Haze effects.
  • Dissolve blend mode emulations (using noise & diffuse).
  • Subtle Diffuse Glow using blend ranges.
  • Infrared channel swapping.

Hope you find them useful - look out for more macros soon!

More than 200 Affinity Photo Video Tutorials - Affinity Photo for iPad Tutorials

Looking for a manual/documentation? Check affinity.help for online help!

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more

Hi James,

Many thanks for all of the official tutorials, for both Mac and iPad - they really help so much.

I was just trying to download your zip Macro files but the links provided no longer seem to work - are they still available?

Rob

Hi Rob, I believe Patrick is referring to the macro packs that were given away for the recent iPad release and 1.5 desktop release. Were you trying to download my macro packs mentioned in the first post? If so, I've amended the links and they can be downloaded again.

I've also updated both packs with more macros—the Workflow Aids pack has some new mask creation, sharpening and channel separation options. The Tonal Effects pack adds infrared channel swapping and a diffuse glow effect. Hope you find them useful!

More than 200 Affinity Photo Video Tutorials - Affinity Photo for iPad Tutorials

Looking for a manual/documentation? Check affinity.help for online help!

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more

Thanks for mending the link James. Sorry Rob C, I thought this was another thread (that has a link to the old macro download). Please ignore the previous answer by me

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Hi James,

Yes, it was your macro packs that I wanted to download - I look forward to trying them out in some editing.

I really appreciate your help,

Many thanks,

Rob 

51 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks for mending the link James. Sorry Rob C, I thought this was another thread (that has a link to the old macro download). Please ignore the previous answer by me

Hi Patrick,

No problem, I'm just pleased that you took the time to respond and look into my request.

Many thanks,

Rob 

Thanks James! These are great! 

Wondered if you could give a brief overview of what’s happening when we use the edge mask. I like the look however I like to understand what it does in order to better use the workflow tools.

Thanks again!!