You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AI multiple strokes and fills

AI has an interesting feature of adding multiple strokes to an objects with different line weights, line attributes, opacity, and so on. Simmilar to that you can fill the object with more than one color and mix them with changing the opacity.

Is there such feature in Designer or, if not, do you have in mind to add it?

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Thanks again Matt.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

YES, YES! Please add this! For all of the gripes I have with Illustrator (and I have a lot), the Appearance Panel is something that they definitely got right - and not just for multiple strokes of varying weights, but for multiple fills with different opacities & blending modes and for fill/stroke-independent effects. When, for example, you need a semi-transparent, multiplying gradient-fill on top of a semi-transparent, screen pattern-fill on top of an opaque solid-fill to get the effect you're looking for, it can really save you a headache to need only 1 object per instance rather than 3 grouped together. Can't wait to see what you all at Serif come up with. Thanks!

-John Nettles

System:

Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A USB 3.1

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz, 4 Cores

Memory: 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz, G.Skill Ripjaws X Series

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390

System Hard Drive: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Aux. Hard Drives:

2GB Western Digital Black HDD

1GB Western Digital Blue HDD

• 9 months later...

Hi martinus,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

As far as i know this is not ready yet but it's on the roadmap so should be implemented at some point.

https://designer.io/Gravit already does it and it's free and on-line. I payed for both Designer and Photo and on both platforms (MacOS and Windows). Gravit is web based and it supports Linux and ChromeOS. Hope you will take this as stimulation and not for critical purpose.

Apart from this, Affinity has done great products, but lately is sleeping a bit.

We need to be comforted about our choice to move apart from Adobe toward Affinity.

Sincerely.

• 6 months later...
On 5/12/2017 at 5:07 PM, mak said:

https://designer.io/Gravit already does it and it's free and on-line. I payed for both Designer and Photo and on both platforms (MacOS and Windows). Gravit is web based and it supports Linux and ChromeOS. Hope you will take this as stimulation and not for critical purpose.

Apart from this, Affinity has done great products, but lately is sleeping a bit.

We need to be comforted about our choice to move apart from Adobe toward Affinity.

Sincerely.

+1000

Gravit is coming strong from behind... has lots of features that AI has and which are still missing from AD. The only problem with Gravit is the performance which is awful specially when working with multiple artboards and bitmap photos. This is where AD shines, the performance is awesome even in Windows and copes really well with tons of artboards and many objects.

Because of the missing multiple fills and strokes I'm still forced to use AI as my main logo design tool.

Check out my awesome Affinity Creations!