You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Loading OCIO color package

I'm trying to install an OCIO package into AP.  I'm following the tutorial.

I was able to upload one  of the OCIO folders to iCloud - aces_1.0.1.ocio. I then open AP and go to Preferences/Color.  Click choose OCIO Package.

This opens iCloud and the folder shows among others.

However when I click on the folder, it doesn't download into AP.  Instead it opens to show its sub-folders.  What step did I miss?  Thanks.

• Staff

Copy the folder to your iCloud drive on macOS first, once its finished uploading rename the folder it so it has an .ocio extension.  When you select to import from iCloud the .ocio file should register/associate itself with Affinity Photo so it can be selected.

2 hours ago, Lee D said:

Copy the folder to your iCloud drive on macOS first, once its finished uploading rename the folder it so it has an .ocio extension.  When you select to import from iCloud the .ocio file should register/associate itself with Affinity Photo so it can be selected.

Hi Lee,

Please refer to the video from:

This method doesn’t work for us common mortals, even if followed to the letter!

• 2 weeks later...

Found what converts a folder renamed to ocio extension as a package:

Folders can have a suffix too. If your OS X System knowns the file extension, it will change the icon (after renaming) and link it to the App that can handle that extension (and is set as default App to open those file types).

The folder then becomes a package or container, where you cannot easily look inside by browsing in finder. But you can right-click on it and choose "Show Package Contents" to see what is inside.

Source:
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/123001/renamed-folder-becomes-a-file-with-an-extension

I tried installing Affinity Photo Trial on the macOS, hoping it'd register the extension, but I didn't work.
Having a look at "Info.plist" from the "Affinity Photo.app" package contents, .ocio doesn't figure as a handled extension.

Meaning, Affinity guys have something installed that makes .ocio being recognised as a document type in macOS, which is why this works for them but not regular users.

@Lee D
More about Document Packages:
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/CoreFoundation/Conceptual/CFBundles/DocumentPackages/DocumentPackages.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...