You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Back to Work - New Site

Sharkey

I've been dragged back to work and this is the site I am on - well nearly on - yet to cover anything but some of my old stuff is on there.

http://www.dogfocus.co.uk

It is nearly all running as it should but we had to launch to start generating a bit of interest.

Regards.   Sharkey

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

Thanks Garry.

S'pose the connection is the use of AP image production for the site.

Others are using Adobe & PCs.

It has been interesting so far, the conversations on relative work styles from the contributors.

My workflow seems to be simpler than theirs and I am able to offer editing to them when they have problems (especially with keeping quality levels up )

I've decided to use Apples Photo for organisation of site images with the AP plugin for rescue and high end production from the original Raf (raw) files. e.g.. print orders.

So far Photos has provided all that is needed for the web images from OOC jpg. without resorting to AP..

AP really shines though for fast image editing for print and display images and returning the output to Photos gives a really secure feel to it all.

So there is the connection.

Regards    Sharkey

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

Sharkey, good site and many great images, particularly like the Show Time photo! Agree with you that a dog site needs a lot of great photos. Putting my site design experience to work, please let me point out that the Home page photos have left and right arrows to click and proceed from one to the next, or back. However, the last one, Show Case, allows the right arrow to hover-on, even though it is not clickable and does not take you "around" to the first image again. (Win 10, Firefox browser). Please consider linking that button back to the first image or turning off the hover-on. Yeah, I know, details, details, right?!

Bookmarkable site, for sure! :)

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

On 02/08/2017 at 6:13 PM, jer said:

Sharkey, good site and many great images, particularly like the Show Time photo! Agree with you that a dog site needs a lot of great photos. Putting my site design experience to work, please let me point out that the Home page photos have left and right arrows to click and proceed from one to the next, or back. However, the last one, Show Case, allows the right arrow to hover-on, even though it is not clickable and does not take you "around" to the first image again. (Win 10, Firefox browser). Please consider linking that button back to the first image or turning off the hover-on. Yeah, I know, details, details, right?!

Bookmarkable site, for sure! :)

Passed your whole message on to the Web Man - He say it is on the list - but thanks you for the heads up.