You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Raw development

Hey everybody,

as a longtime affinity photo (Mac) user i got the ipad version back in June. I‘ve been editing some raw pictures yesterday without any issue. Today though, i woke up to the following issue: 

My raw pictures, even those i handled without problems yesterday, show those black shadows where bright parts are on the pictures. I can‘t find any option or toggle which would help getting rid of those and i can‘t remember changing anything. 

Does anybody know, what mistake i made?  The only other thing that would make sense for me, is the latest beta of iOS 11 which i loaded over night.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_0016.PNG

• Staff

Hi Scapa and Welcome to the Forums,

It's possible it's been caused by the IOS 11 update.   So we can look into this further, could you upload the file from your screenshot to this link and i can test it on our IOS 11 iPad and on IOS 10 to see where the problem is.

what model is your camera?

As you are running IOS 11, it might be worth signing up for the Photo iPad Beta.  This can be done by following the steps in this post

Hi stokerg,

thx for your reply.

I just sent out the E-Mail regarding the affinity beta and also uploaded my image file which is called IMG_2583.cr2 to the dropbox link.

My camera is an Canon EOS 7d.

Scapa

• Staff

Hi Scapa,

Thanks for sending the file over.

I can confirm i get the same issue on the latest version of IOS 11, using the release build of Affinity from the App store and also the latest beta.  Everything is working fine on my IOS 10 iPad, so it does appear to be a change with IOS 11 thats caused this.  I've just logged this with the Dev team and will update here when i know more information

• Staff

@Scapa and @astralitie  This is an issue with the Apple RAW engine that we use to Develop RAW files.  They must have made some changes to how it works in the latest Beta of IOS 11.  As it's the RAW engine that's at fault, it's not something we can fix and is something Apple would need to fix.

On 4.8.2017 at 10:56 AM, astralitie said:

Hello,

I think I have the same issue here. My camera is a Canon 5d mark 3.

Tested only on IOS 11 beta public 3, iPad pro 10.5, and Affinity Photo actual beta. 

Hope there’ll be a fix soon.

IMG_0138.PNG

"Happy" to see that I'm not alone with this issue but somehow wondering that i didn't read more about it. I guess it would be helpful to understand if its only related to Canons raw Format, 10.5 iPads or iOS 11 Beta "globally"

However here's hope that with todays new beta  of iOS 11 everything got resolved. 

Hello,

I can confirm that this issue is partly resolved within iOS 11 Public beta 4 which was released today. The very bright parts don`t appear to be blacked out anymore, though there still remains the following issue which may or may not be related to whatever Apple changed to their Raw development core:

You`ll notice some green/blue „flicker“ (don‘t have any better word this) horizontally on the lower 10 % of the pictures. What I‘m talking about is looking like an film of oil. I believe that this hasn`t been there on Public Beta 2, but was introduced with Public Beta 3, though i may have just overseen it before. I can also confirm that this issue doen`t appear on Affinity for Mac. 

Anyone else having experiencing something like this? 

2BBD8B37-2D8A-4B34-BF67-751D86F136EA.jpeg

E1A51B26-32DE-4E4E-8A07-4828042FD7F5.jpeg

04CDDF50-009D-4050-A725-9993A29A6784.jpeg