You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ok, figured out how to select an area with the tools available, however, the only adjustment that seems to work is the vibrance.

Also when I'm done and deselect that area while selecting another area, the adjustments seem to affect the previous area even though thats been deselected. So basically, there are multiple areas that I need to make pop in this image, lettering and the graphic face on the wall. Suggestions? Please help, working on a clients project.

0133 2.jpg

This is very rough just to give you an idea.

Select the square areas using the Freehand selection tool (lasso). Set to polygonal so you can draw straight lines.

With the board containing Unique, adjust the curves Ctrl M.

Select around "unique" with the Selection brush. Do an HSL adjust set for Cyan, not Master, increase saturation. Change hue a bit to darken blue.

Selected the face board and used a Hue Saturation layer. Ctrl U to boost saturation. A bit of curves adjustment too to improve contrast.

pop.jpg

You can combine the tactics and adjust how you want.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

You also might find it useful to "unpop" the other areas a bit, like by slightly desaturating everything on the background layer & overlaying that with the layers  containing duplicates of the parts of the original you apply the kind of things toltec suggested.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Just duplicate the image and set the layer mode of the duplicate to Glow

Then if you want to remove the Glow effect from certain parts of the image, just create a mask and paint on the mask in black where you want it removed.

( Personally I like it fully "Popped" but up to you and your client if you want to mask off some of the effect )

EDIT: PS you can also lower the opacity of the duplicated layer to say, 50%, to reduce the overall Glow effect

popped.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.