You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So I have an image where I need to highlight, i.e., bring out the color detail while making that area pop. Basically I have an image that is yellow and blue with already a lot of blue and yellow in the image so if I crank up the yellow and blue it just increases that color globally. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! 

It is very hard to say what is best without seeing the image or a similar one -- there are a great many different techniques you can use with a variety of the tools available in Affinity Photo (assuming you are using AP & not Affinity Designer).

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

It totally depends on the image & how you want to make parts of it "pop."

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

46 minutes ago, OldHickory30 said:

Great, is there one tool or tools that you would suggest?

Selection Brush.

Press Q afterwards to use Quick Mask and paint on the mask with the paintbrush tool to modify your selection. Q again to get back to normal and adjust the saturation.

Works every time. Well, almost every time.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

I like using the NIK plugins but I haven't been playing with Affinity lately (been busy with other things)

Is this similar to what you want to do? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMYTYMLoeNA

Skill Level: Beginner, digital photography, digital editing, lighting.

Equipment: Consumer grade. Sony Nex5n, Nikon D5100, (16MP sony sensors)

Paid Software: Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Lightroom4

Free Software: NIK collection, Sony CaptureOne9, Cyberlink PhotoDirector6, Hugin, ImageJ, MS Ice, Davinci Resolve

Computer: Win10 home, CPU Skylake I7-6700, GPU Saphire HD7850 1G, Plextor SSD