Stanley

Problem with Apply Image darken blend

I want to use Apply Image to apply the R channel to a photo in darken blend mode, as part of a procedure to darken the sky (I realise this might not be the best way to do this). But AP ignores the darken blend and gives me Normal

I've got one layer with an RGB photo of a building with a sky above. The R channel is lighter than any other channel except in the sky.

- I go to Apply Image and select Current Layer
- In the equations, I set DR = SR, DG = SR and DB = SR
- I set the Apply Image blend mode to normal; I see the grey scale R channel as I expect.
- I set the Apply Image blend mode to darken; I see the sky grey scale (equal to the R channel) and the building in colour, as I expect.
- The bug is that immediately I tap the tick to accept the Apply Image filter the building changes from colour to grey scale, equal to the R channel. It is as if that tapping the tick changes the Apply Image blend mode back to normal.

iPad Air 2, iOS 10.3.2, AP 1.6.3 

Stan

Hi Stanley,

I've just done a quick test myself and it seemed to be correct. However my images were very quickly mocked up. Would you be able to attach your Source and Target images please so we can try and investigate. Any screenshots showing the issue before and after accepting the Filter would also help.

Thanks.

Oops, I force closed AP and powered off and on my iPad. Now the Apply Image works correctly. Sorry about that, I should have done the power off before.

Stan