You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad Pro 10.5

iOS 10.3.3

Affinity Photo Beta 1.6.45

UPDATE 2:

Unfortunately, it's bugged. I just finished applying perspective onto my new text, lay it appropriately against that pie chart, I then proceeded to go back in and select it so I may add some features from "fx" onto it, sadly, I can't choose it via move tool, flat out it refuses to register any changes.  

I then go on to choose text tool, and nothing, it just creates new text when I tap on the field of the existing text. Could be once perspective is applied, it becomes bugged? (I forgot to mention that below in my breakdown) in which... I did apply perspective onto the infected text demonstrated below. 

UPDATE: (BUG DISCOVERED)

Ok, here's my theory. (Do keep in mind I'm using Affinity Photo Beta 1.6.45)

THE BUG:

When you choose "MOVE TOOL" under Photo persona. If you zoom out you are not allowed to move chosen asset. Instead it only allows you resize/reshape. The text were at 6 points height in the images below:

IMG_0701.thumb.PNG.5f31d7a178116f0518d8c577e1e60094.PNG

In this image, you'll notice, I'm zoomed in and the asset has moved location. That's because, once you zoom in, you are able to "move the asset"  (but at the above image view scale you are not allowed) so my conclusion...

IMG_0702.thumb.PNG.149d3582a14eae90d10a580fdad98fab.PNG

This has somehow triggered something in the app, to not allow me to interact with the text in the images I've presented here. Basically, infecting the text into bug life.  I tried to replicate the issue but to no avail. I went ahead deleted that infected text and started a new one, which at the moment, no issues.  However, I still have to zoom in closely to move the text around with the move tool. It was never like this before, you can move text from any view scale. 

ORIGINAL POST:

Chose the text via Photo persona, then move tool. Text was highlighted - went over to color wheel, to change its color, doesn't work.  Then tried to select the text so I can change font, also doesn't work.... instead starts typing out new text?! 

I checked layer, make sure it was chosen (highlighted gray) I've always said, text is buggy as hell.

Need help here, this is bonkers. Nothing he is doing in video below, is working for me. 

PICTURES BELOW:

Image 1 shows Color wheel at pink/red color -- text stays the same

IMG_0694.PNG

Image 2 shows Text layer is highlighted in the layer menu

IMG_0695.PNG

Image 3 shows New Text pops up when I choose current text and then tap text persona

IMG_0696.PNG

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

7 hours ago, DWright said:

Which build of Photo are you using and on what model of iPad as I have tested this on my iPad Pro and the text selection and colour changing is working correctly.

I should had put that on there my mistake.

iPad Pro 10.5

iOS 10.3.3

UPDATE:

Iv'e added images in the OP with context to provide insight. 

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

On 7/27/2017 at 0:38 AM, Affinity iPad Student said:

iPad Pro 10.5

iOS 10.3.3

UPDATE 2:

Unfortunately, it's bugged. I just finished applying perspective onto my new text, lay it appropriately against that pie chart, I then proceeded to go back in and select it so I may add some features from "fx" onto it, sadly, I can't choose it via move tool, flat out it refuses to register any changes.  

I then go on to choose text tool, and nothing, it just creates new text when I tap on the field of the existing text. Could be once perspective is applied, it becomes bugged? (I forgot to mention that below in my breakdown) in which... I did apply perspective onto the infected text demonstrated below. 

UPDATE: (BUG DISCOVERED)

Ok, here's my theory. (Do keep in mind I'm using Affinity Photo Beta 1.6.45)

THE BUG:

When you choose "MOVE TOOL" under Photo persona. If you zoom out you are not allowed to move chosen asset. Instead it only allows you resize/reshape. The text were at 6 points height in the images below:

In this image, you'll notice, I'm zoomed in and the asset has moved location. That's because, once you zoom in, you are able to "move the asset"  (but at the above image view scale you are not allowed) so my conclusion...

This has somehow triggered something in the app, to not allow me to interact with the text in the images I've presented here. Basically, infecting the text into bug life.  I tried to replicate the issue but to no avail. I went ahead deleted that infected text and started a new one, which at the moment, no issues.  However, I still have to zoom in closely to move the text around with the move tool. It was never like this before, you can move text from any view scale. 

ORIGINAL POST:

Chose the text via Photo persona, then move tool. Text was highlighted - went over to color wheel, to change its color, doesn't work.  Then tried to select the text so I can change font, also doesn't work.... instead starts typing out new text?! 

I checked layer, make sure it was chosen (highlighted gray) I've always said, text is buggy as hell.

Need help here, this is bonkers. Nothing he is doing in video below, is working for me. 

PICTURES BELOW:

Image 1 shows Color wheel at pink/red color -- text stays the same

Image 2 shows Text layer is highlighted in the layer menu

Image 3 shows New Text pops up when I choose current text and then tap text persona

Has the latest version Affinity Photo for iPad - 1.6.4 (Beta 4) fixed the bug.

• 4 weeks later...