You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fonts - how to import them?

Title says it all. 

While I'm here, might as well ask. If anybody knows a site where I can get some, please share links. Thank you. 

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

26 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Lots of free fonts on Google fonts. Use iOS app AnyFont to install them on iPad.

Thank you. I'll search for it. 

But your installing response is kind of vague - how exactly do I import them? What's the steps? Thank you. 

Specs:

Hi Student,

Google fonts is at https://fonts.google.com/. The fonts are displayed in order  of popularity I think. There is an overwhelming choice. Use the search eyeglass, top right to narrow your search.

You can google 'best google font' to see other people's recommendations.

Then you need an iOS app to install fonts on iOS. AnyFont or font manager.  The app installs your font into iOS, so it is available to all apps that use the standard iOS fonts. Including AP.

Here's what I do, using AnyFont:

- I use the iOS app iCabMobile, because it's great and is easy to download things. Safari might work too. I browse to go to google fonts, find the fonts I want and download them into iCabMobile, a zip file.

- Tap the zip file to bring up an iOS share sheet, select AnyFont from the options. 

- AnyFont opens and unzips the file. In AnyFont, select the fonts to install and tap Install. There is a confusion of screens. Tap ok to all. You end up in iOS settings. The fonts are put in Settings > General > Profiles, and you can delete them from here later if you want.

When you start AP again, you see these new fonts.

Stan

8 hours ago, Stanley said:

Hi Student,

Google fonts is at https://fonts.google.com/. The fonts are displayed in order  of popularity I think. There is an overwhelming choice. Use the search eyeglass, top right to narrow your search.

You can google 'best google font' to see other people's recommendations.

Then you need an iOS app to install fonts on iOS. AnyFont or font manager.  The app installs your font into iOS, so it is available to all apps that use the standard iOS fonts. Including AP.

Here's what I do, using AnyFont:

- I use the iOS app iCabMobile, because it's great and is easy to download things. Safari might work too. I browse to go to google fonts, find the fonts I want and download them into iCabMobile, a zip file.

- Tap the zip file to bring up an iOS share sheet, select AnyFont from the options. 

- AnyFont opens and unzips the file. In AnyFont, select the fonts to install and tap Install. There is a confusion of screens. Tap ok to all. You end up in iOS settings. The fonts are put in Settings > General > Profiles, and you can delete them from here later if you want.

When you start AP again, you see these new fonts.

Wonderful, will get on it.

thank you sir, exactly what babyfeet over here needed as I'm still new to all of this. 

Specs:

I downloaded Font Manager. Supposedly, the fonts should be in Settings/General/Profiles.   I can't find Profiles under Settings/General.  Should I look somewhere else?  Thanks.

UPDATE:  I guess it doesn't matter where the fonts are stored.  They are appearing inside of AP.  So everything is fine.

Edited by Engine44
Update. My issue is solved

Student: sing out if it doesn't go according to plan.

Engine: Profiles only appears in Settings > General after you have installed a font. Profiles are things that you install into iOS, so you can install other profiles besides fonts. And the internal iOS fonts aren't stored as profiles.

Stan