You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi All,

I've looked all over, but can't find any way to do this in Affinity Designer.  I'm hoping there's something I'm just missing which someone can point me to...

I have this banner I've created in Affinity Designer for a website (see below).  I'd simply like to give it a slight curve rather than have it straight as it currently is.  Looking around, it's clear that there is no 'distribute on a path' or transform mesh type option, but there must be some way to do this isn't there?

Many thanks

Boz

Organic Free Range Eggs.png

• Staff

Hi Boz,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Assuming you text remains editable, you have applied layer effects (FX) to it and want to keep everything editable, create a curved path with the Pen Tool, change to the Artistic Text Tool and place the cursor over the path (it will change to a "T" with a wave below) then type the same text. Select your original (straight) text object, go to menu Edit ▸ Copy, then select the (curved) text you just write and go to menu Edit ▸ Paste Style.

text_effects.png

• Staff

Hi Boz,

If you have Affinity Photo you can open the afdesign file there and use the Mesh Warp Tool to distort it. In Designer there's no way to distort shapes (or images) other than editing the shapes/nodes directly. We already have a Mesh warp/distort tool in Designer's roadmap so hopefully this will become easier later.