You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rendering color different from hex value

Hello all, 

I've been having a bit of a problem exporting and managing colours recently whilst some vector work. It's not something that I have encountered before, but after alot of searching, I cannot find a solution that fixes my particular problem.

The rendered colour is not representative of the colour that is chosen in the colour picker.

5978957a79d7c_ScreenShot2017-07-26at14_12_21.thumb.png.bee7ec09d3531f29fb34169a378526f1.png

Above is a screenshot of an example. using the tool 'Sip' I can see that the colour is being rendered differently to that which I picked. 
Below is a screenshot of the same scenario but this time in Sketch and notice that I do not have the same problem.

597895b30fcfc_ScreenShot2017-07-26at14_13_34.thumb.png.5d9fb6468266f9e8e2f600a5190988d1.png

My document and export color profiles are set to sRGB as this is the default for web browsers.

Any help on the above will be greatly appreciated.

Maybe I am missing something but to me it appears that in both the picked color has the same 4CD4B0 hex RGB color value in the Affinity Color Chooser window as in the Sketch screenshot. I don't use Sip or Sketch but this suggests to me that Sip may be picking colors from an application-independent source that may not take into account the working color profile in Affinity. 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi MEB and RCR thank you for your suggestions, I can confirm that the documents color profile is set to sRGB as asked.. here's the proof with a different colour :)

597f360d7d4ef_ScreenShot2017-07-31at14_51_25.thumb.png.6c6b2a010b919ff937308aa2be7fd2bb.png

If you need any more information from me, I'm happy to help!

Have you tried using the Mac utility, "Digital color picker?" When I use that, the sRGB values for what is shown in the Affinity color dialogue, the fill sample, and what has been placed on the canvas are identical.

Using it on your screen caps does show different values in the selection area, but I think that is just because of all the interference from the grid, and selection box, or because the drop shadow is effecting a portion.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

• 4 years later...

Just recently started using Affinity Publisher and am running into the same issue. I've changed the color profile to Adobe RGB (same as my monitor's color profile), but the rendered color is off from the hex color I want. Do I trust that when it prints, the correct hex color will be printed?

Thanks.