rjmusto

Photo randomly hangs up entire Mac

Using OSX 10.12.5 and Photo 1.5.2

Not a big problem, but wonder if this is just me:

I generally have Affinity Photo running on the Mac all the time, as I am usually 'fiddling' with a bunch of photos on a dip in and out basis.

However, every now and then I find the Mac has almost frozen. The mouse will still react, but very slowly - it takes several seconds to respond.  On each occasion I can usually manage to Force Quit AP and then normal function of the Mac is restored.  Sometimes it happens when working with Photo and sometimes not, so it does not seem to be due to any particular action. 

Does AP keep an action report somewhere that might help work out what it was doing?

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi Ralph,
Does the application fully crash at all and do you get a crash report you can attach? Have you found the issues to be reproducible at all, if so are you able to give a step by step as to what you were doing/clicking on so we can try to reproduce.

Thanks.

Hi Sean,

I have not found any repeatably way to induce this - it just happens now and again. I've had a look in the DiagnosticsReport folder, but there is nothing for Affinity. 

So not a lot of help, sorry.

I think I have sent crash reports to Apple on this, but don't know any way of looking these up now.

It happened again today - the Mac had been left idle for a while, I came back on and was working on another app and then it just froze up. On this occasion I had to hold the power button to force a shut down, so can't be sure AP was the culprit, but from previous experience, I would say that it likely was.

Anyhow, Next time I will copy the report that gets sent to Apple and let  you know.

Ralph