You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My RAW file opens edited/over exposed?

Hey all,

I'm somewhat new to photo editing on the PC, and new at Affinity. I'm currently using the trial and I have noticed the raw files I open, are not the original. It's like they have an edit on them already, and the four corners of the photo are over exposed. This is probably a simple fix but I have no idea how to fix it! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll include some screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks!

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

• Staff

The cropping is caused by the Lens correction which is inevitable. The non-Lens correct image has a slight darker vignette in the corners. The Lens Correction is trying to correct that from the Lens, but doing too much, so appearing to bright. The cropping is also noticeable using Photoshop when applying Lens correction, however they do correctly remove the vignette. 

The image the Windows Photo is showing is the non lens-corrected RAW.

On 31/07/2017 at 10:14 AM, Sean P said:

The cropping is caused by the Lens correction which is inevitable. The non-Lens correct image has a slight darker vignette in the corners. The Lens Correction is trying to correct that from the Lens, but doing too much, so appearing to bright. The cropping is also noticeable using Photoshop when applying Lens correction, however they do correctly remove the vignette. 

The image the Windows Photo is showing is the non lens-corrected RAW.

From the screen shot - Windows Photo has the 'Automatically enhance your photos' feature turned on, so the image appears overly processed, which makes a comparison slightly more difficult, as it's not how the default RAW image looks.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.