You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If it's a simple circle, you could subtract using boolean operations but I'm guessing it is full of cheese and stuff. (Damn, I'm hungry now)

I think it best to make masking shapes. Unless someone has a better idea?

pizza.jpg.88478a0adaef35ca765b23a87ef53624.jpg

You will have to keep making slicer layers and rotating and masking to slice the pizza.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

If you have Affinity Designer, you can use the 'Divide' button (in the Geometry section on the top toolbar) in conjunction with the wonderfully versatile Cog Tool to create a whole set of slices in one fell swoop. Then for each slice you can put a copy of the pizza group below it, right-click the slice and choose 'Mask to Below' as described earlier.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi @Alfred your idea sounds nice but I don't get how the divide button and the cog tool come together exactly? Like do I create a cog first and convert it to curve then try to divide with the divide tool? The previous method already works but I'm curious and would like to weigh them both to see which'd better to use in the future

Select the Cog Tool and constrain the shape's base box to a square (so that you get a circular shape) by holding down the Shift key as you drag out the shape on the canvas. Using either the handles on the shape or the controls on the Context toolbar, set the 'Tooth size' to 100%, the 'Hole radius' to 0% and the 'Inner radius' also to 0%. (You have to set the hole radius first, because the inner radius cannot have a smaller value than the hole radius.) Now adjust the 'Teeth' value according to how many slices of pizza you want, and press 'Divide' to split the whole thing into that number of even segments. Then do the 'Mask to Below' thing to fill the slices with your choice of topping. Bon appétit!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 years later...

For some strange unfathomable reason I'm hungry  

icons8-pizza.png.8333946fb435053d4605d0f6d543f575.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions