You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Spent 3-4 hours on a photo project to find that every time I try to edit the photo after a few seconds it crashes. Had to flatten image, export, then bring back into affinity as a flat image to continue editing. Very frustrating 

I also had a few crashes, after one of which the file even got corrupted and could not be opened. Does affinity photo have some sort of crash reporting system in place or is it planned, so that these things can be tracked down?

• Staff

Audie, are you using the beta version of the app? If not, you might like to sign up to the beta programme by following the instructions in Andy Somerfield's post at the top of this forum.

andrew_p, for TestFlight apps we get crash reports automatically via Apple. For App Store apps we get crash reports if you have the right privacy settings (Privacy -> Analytics -> Share iPad Analytics enabled and Share With App Developers enabled)

On 7/25/2017 at 11:45 AM, Audie said:

Spent 3-4 hours on a photo project to find that every time I try to edit the photo after a few seconds it crashes. Had to flatten image, export, then bring back into affinity as a flat image to continue editing. Very frustrating 

Here is the link to instructions on how to sign up for the beta.

Beta signup

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.