You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

9 minutes ago, hschneider said:

It might be the same problem. Have you tried this?

Change the Rendering Intent to Relative Colourimetric and create a new document, with a colour profile setting of CMYK/8, Euroscale v2. Then draw again a white square.

Yes, for a start the rendering intent is already set to Relative Colourmetris (I tried the others too). The document is set to CMYK/8 and I have never had Euroscale v2 in my colour profiles.

Screen Grab 3.png

2 hours ago, Checkmate said:

Sorry, this solution doesn't work for me.

I am not opening existing images, I'm creating a blank document (in any colour space) and drawing a 'white' square. This square comes out yellow (as seen in my screenshots).

That has generally proven to be a sign that the monitors are assigned the wrong color profiles in your Windows display setup.

However, it would also be a good idea to debug this with only a single-monitor hooked up.

Have you done the steps suggested in:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 12/21/2019 at 9:52 PM, walt.farrell said:

That has generally proven to be a sign that the monitors are assigned the wrong color profiles in your Windows display setup.

However, it would also be a good idea to debug this with only a single-monitor hooked up.

Have you done the steps suggested in:

Yes! Setting both monitors to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 in Windows Colour Management settings did the trick!

Many thanks for your help.

You're welcome, @Checkmate.

You might also find this Affinity Spotlight article of interest:

https://affinityspotlight.com/article/display-colour-management-in-the-affinity-apps/

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, Zecr said:

Click Document > Assign ICC Profile > Select a profile

It fixed the problem for me on the main picture. The UI still looks yellow, someone help!!

A screenshot showing the problem would be helpful to diagnosing it.

Without that, though: Have you adjusted your system display settings? The Spotlight article I mentioned above may be helpful, especially the section on "Whites Look Yellow".

-- Walt
PC:

On 7/7/2020 at 5:21 AM, walt.farrell said:

A screenshot showing the problem would be helpful to diagnosing it.

Without that, though: Have you adjusted your system display settings? The Spotlight article I mentioned above may be helpful, especially the section on "Whites Look Yellow".

I can fix the canvas colour by going to Document > Assign ICC Profile. But UI is still messed up. I tried changing colour profiles in system settings. No luck. All my other apps work just fine. Why Affinity no work :(

Using Surface Book 3 15"

image.png

image.png

Annotation_2020-07-09_022741.png

That does fix the issue, but I would prefer to use the other colour profiles as they do make a noticeable difference in the colour quality. Is there some way to have the Affinity UI use a manually selected colour profile since the canvas is fixed when assigning the ICC profile.

• 3 weeks later...

Found a workaround. Go to Windows colour options, set sRGB 2.1 to default, launch Affinity Photo, switch back to the profile that you want to use. Only problem is that I have to do this every time I relaunch Photo

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I have the same problem since yesterday, when I updated to 1.9.

I did not change any settings on my PC, but now I don't have any white color in APhoto, everything is yellow.

I tried the suggestions abovereb but nothing changes this situation, I have no white color at all.

Furthermore, I uninstalled and reinstalled AP but no change,

Can anybody from affinity check this and serve a solution?

35 minutes ago, fsat12 said:

Hi,

I have the same problem since yesterday, when I updated to 1.9.

I did not change any settings on my PC, but now I don't have any white color in APhoto, everything is yellow.

I tried the suggestions abovereb but nothing changes this situation, I have no white color at all.

Furthermore, I uninstalled and reinstalled AP but no change,

Can anybody from affinity check this and serve a solution?

What is your monitor's ICC profile? Can you attach it here? Did it work fine in 1.8.5?

On 12/1/2017 at 8:08 PM, mustafakar said:

Same problem here! I am sick of it!

wtf.png

This is an interesting one.. The screenshot even says it's yellow so it's not just a display thing on your end. Then the extra weird thing, the preview is bright white as it should be.

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel Core i7-4770 3.40Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm using Windows 10 on a desk top PC. I recently installed Affinity Publisher and also got the dreaded yellow tinge. What surprised me, was that I'd had the same problem a  few years ago when I installed Adobe CS 5.5 (disk version). I resolved that at the time, and it was still OK after installing Publisher. So it does look as if Affinity treats colour management differently to other software developers.

I like the post "Skalex" made above back in August 2019, but "thisGuyNamedM"'s video link immediately about is easier, and it worked for me. Easier because you don't need to delete anything. Instead you're adding an additional profile, and the original ("yellow tinge") prolife stays in place just in case you need to revert.

• 2 months later...
On 12/24/2020 at 4:39 AM, Vyshnav Ajithan said:

I had the same issue,

Go to Edit - Preferences - Performance - *Renderer Switch it to WARP then Affinity will be restarted, again do the same process and switch *Renderer back to Graphics card

Mostly this will work

Amazing! This worked! The white balance is back! 

Edited by Laiqah

• 10 months later...

I followed thisGuyNamedM directions on the video he made and it worked! 

Open Windows System file > Control Panels > Color Management > Devices - Display (check box - my settings for this device) ADD... button > sRGB IEC91966-2.1 > SET AS DEFAULT PROFILE button > CLOSE button. Reopen Affinity and the whites are now white instead of tinted yellow. Thanks to all who commented here! 🙂 

and it

• 4 months later...

Hey guys,

I encountered the same problem. I think someone described the same fix, that I applied, but I'm not sure.

I actually just assigned a new colourprofile in the WINDOWS colourmanagement.

I made a screenshot. Windows somehow assigned this profile to my monitor: VX3276-FHD sRGB 6500K

I clicked the button above "use own profiles for this system" (translated from german, might be slightly different).
You have to click the checkbox first, then you can go down below and click "ADD"
... then you can chose the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile.

It works perfectly fine for me.

Mind you the screenshot is from a german windows system.

🙂

FIX - Farbprofil ändern auf .jpg

• 1 year later...
On 12/27/2019 at 8:20 PM, Checkmate said:

Yes! Setting both monitors to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 in Windows Colour Management settings did the trick!

Many thanks for your help.

Hi

I had an issue with Windows 10.

After few troubleshooting sessions, windows has started again as supposed.

When starting any affinity program, I had the same 'yellow' issue.

When setting both monitors as suggested in previous post, IT WORKS AGAIN! WHITE IS WHITE AGAIN. Thank you.

Thank you very much, Vojko

• 2 months later...

I followed all of those colour profiles steps both in software and windows colour management....
It didn't work, and then I removed my GPU drivers reverting back to original, then ran the AMD auto install tool and all is good!!!

So for me at least, its a combination of colour profiles and GPU Drivers