You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a problem in affinty photo

I have a problem in affinty photo, I have previously made raw photos and saved in AD photo format, (the default saving format of the program, but now they don’t open anymore, or when they do open all kind of color spots appear,

Some raw pictures I can’t get open anymore, and when I get the ad photo which appears to be  prefect, and I try to export this as a jpeg or tiff file  it looks as if all the colors are running trough and you get just a bunch off colory lines instead off a picture.  Sometimes I get the same problem when I take a raw image and develop it and when I try to export it it gets collory spots .

Who can help solve this or what can this be,

I work with a mac pro with macOS sierra

• Staff

I've tested them in a couple of other apps (Pixelmator & PS) as well as Affinity Photo and they all open the files but all of them have display issues, see the screenshots below from the other apps. The files seem to be corrupt, this may of occurred during saving or when transferring from camera/memory card to system. 

Screenshot 2017-07-26 14.24.14.png

Screenshot 2017-07-26 15.15.17.png

Screenshot 2017-07-26 15.17.25.png

I do not understand either, the photos were on a memory stick, at first no problem then I edited this as an AD photo, and wanted to export them to jpeg and tiff to have them printed and I have this problem

kind regard
Paul en thanks for the help 

Unfortunately, inexpensive memory sticks (a.k.a. "thumb drives") are not the most reliable of storage devices, particularly if they are written to a lot. (Reading from them repeatedly generally is not a problem.) I have had the best luck with the SanDisk brand -- a few of the others have corrupted a few bits of data after only a few rewrites to existing files saved on them.

But regardless of the brand or what I paid for it, I never entrust any important file to a memory stick alone. I always make sure I have at least one other backup file stored on something else, like a Time Machine backup, a clone of the drive, or a remote hosting service.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7