You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta v1.6.0.76 - External Plugin Interface passes Image Incorrectly

Hi,

You can see from this image that the image passed to the external plugin, in this case Color Efex Pro, is a uncropped and adjusted version of the image that has been developed. This particular image was a RAF image developed (cropped, straightened and basic adjustments) then cleaned up a little in Photo and then passed to the external.

The top image is what is seen in AP and the bottom after being passed to Color Efex, obviously the other issues with the color space remain also.

External Transfer.jpg

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

I believe this is because the cropping (And other stuff) can be 'non-destructive'.

Pick the layer you're working on / working with, right click it and try 'rasterize'. See if the picture 'received' by Color Efex now matches more.

Understand what you are saying but the fact is that the support for external plugins is very poor.

If you say the crop is "non-destructive" why is it showing as a "pixel" layer and why can you not re-adjust the crop by selecting the crop icon? In fact portrait images are a problem as well as the crop as you can see from this before/plugin screenshot.

CropPlugin.jpg

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.