You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP, IPad vs Mac

I've been dabbling w. Photo on the Mac for about 4 weeks, on the iPad maybe 2.  I think the functions are all there on the iPad, but the interface is really different. Things I can already do on the Mac are still a struggle for me on the iPad.  I expect it will be slower to learn the iPad version, but it seems the functionality is there. Have to learn which icon brings up the menu options, which tap, double tap, etc gets them to work.

iOS is really clumsy when it comes to file management, as far as I'm concerned. Fewer options for opening files and saving them. Put the image in the Photo library, or in the iCloud, etc. No drag and drop that I know about at this point.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

On 24/07/2017 at 9:36 PM, MEB said:

Hi Engine44,

Yes. Although you can perform most of the usual operations on the iPad certain functions are not available for different reasons (batch jobs, macros, Serifs Labs RAW engine, Photoshop plugins support etc etc).

When are these functions coming to the iPad?

• Staff

Hi Carl_
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Macros were already introduced in one of the latest Betas (Macros Studio). Photoshop plugins only work on desktop versions, so no, they will not be available on the iPad. I don't have enough info about the other two to give you a definite answer at this point (batch jobs, Serif RAW engine).