You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Selecting Skewed Text Objects

Hey everyone! I'm on Designer 1.6.0 at the moment and I'm not sure if this is a beta-only issue.

Selecting skewed text objects in Designer is pretty off at the moment. If you try to skew an Artistic Text box on both axes and perhaps rotate it, selecting around it puts the skewed object in focus. If the text object is above several objects, it makes selecting those beside it a hard task.

See attached images. If I click anywhere inside the gray box, the skewed text gets selected. See the pattern here?

I can't exactly pinpoint why Affinity would select the text when I click the area around it, following closely the axes of its bounding box. Anyone else having this issue?

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 6.08.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 6.14.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 6.21.37 PM.png

Note: The gray box is NOT skewed nor is it grouped with the text. I manually clicked around the text object, placing the bounds of the gray box where the text seems to stop being selected.

Basically, the gray boxes above are NOT clickable and are only accessible through the layers panel.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.