Neil45156

Affinity Designer Workbook

Hi,

Can anyone explain how I can download the project resources that are given in the Affinity Designer Workbook. The example they give at the beginning is http://affin.co/panther and that works fine. However, for the other resources in the book it just says, core_skills_artboards.afdesign, what do I need to do to get these other resources and any of the others in the book?

Any help would be great.

Thanks Neil

I'm also having a problem with these resources, for a start nothing is in green in my workbook! The resources are printed in red eg. on Page 114 it says File>Open to load masking_addlayermask.afphoto.  What does that mean? Typing File>Open just produces a window with some of my own images in. How do I get hold of 'masking_addlayermask.afphoto and all the other resources in the book? I can't seem to find anything in the book that gives a clue, I'm totally lost!!

Hi rongittings,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This thread was about the Affinity Designer Workbook. You bought the Affinity Photo Workbook - the colours of the links/urls are different here.

There is an explanation of how to get the resources at the start of the book, on page 9. Each chapter's files are provided on the beginning of each chapter or subchapter only. You can easily locate the link looking for the two overlapping files/documents icon on a blue background. For example take a look at page 140 on top: that link contains all the files needed for that chapter. Enter the full URL as appear there on your browser's URL field to download the zip file, unzip it to a folder then use each file as referenced on each page for that chapter (the purple file references on the top of each page inside that chapter).

1 hour ago, tibo said:

One of us is an idiot. Where is it located, plz?

Where is what located?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta