You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

have been a photoshop devotee for years and am trying to move my entire folio of work into Affinity.

the one issue I am having is finding the equivalent of the polygonal lasso tool that is in Photoshop for trimming photos/layers? A lot of my work requires scanning in existing drawings and then trimming around them to give them a clean edge. I have been able to do this using the masking tools but cannot for the life of me figure out how to mask a clean, straight edge? I am probably being a bit thick but am really struggling to find a solution. Any tips would be appreciated.

As I cannot seem to articulate what I am trying to say, I have taken some crude screenshots of what I mean and attached them,

post-5011-0-90496300-1422983192_thumb.png

post-5011-0-41736200-1422983200_thumb.png

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The solution with the Tab key is absolutely impractical. For complicated objects you get a cramp in the finger. When the edge of the picture is reached, the picture does not move automatically as in Photoshop. Moving while pressing Space button also does not work. As soon as you release the Shift key, the marking will be automatically closed. That's a crap. Why is the Photoshop-function of Polygon Lasso not simply adopted? This is a knockout criterion for me.

I found out how it works. Click on the freehand selection on the left and select the polygonal field at the top (red arrows). Then the shift key does not have to be pressed and moving the image with the space key is possible. What is still missing is the automatic move, if one comes to the edge of the picture.

polygon-lasso.jpg