You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.0.76

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:52 AM, Sean P said:

Hi Whitehead,

This issue is known and with development to fix, so the answer to both of your questions is Yes! It seems to be that any texture brushes that contain only one texture (Effects > Effect 2 for example) will show the preview instead of the cursor, but Texture brushes that contain more than 1 texture (Effects > Effect 4 for example) will show the cursor. Regular round brushes do work as intended, however.

That's hugely welcome news - round bush does seem to work as intended, but the option to only work with crosshairs seems to be perpetually disabled.

As soon as this is in the can, I'll absolutely be adopting AD as a primary tool.

Hi, there.

About this feature on the Mac version:

New font chooser dropdown with recents, used fonts and favourites.

I suppose we still don't have it on the Windows side. Is it planned for the first release of the 1.6 version?

Thanks a lot and best regards! =)

1 hour ago, Mithferion said:

Hi, there.

About this feature on the Mac version:

New font chooser dropdown with recents, used fonts and favourites.

I suppose we still don't have it on the Windows side. Is it planned for the first release of the 1.6 version?

Thanks a lot and best regards! =)

Yes, it has been implemented and will be available in the next release :)

I see. I installed the latest Beta but I didn't see it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for the answer!

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Mithferion said:

I see. I installed the latest Beta but I didn't see it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for the answer!

It will be in the next release and not the current 1.6.0.76 release.

Hi, more questions here...

1) Are you addressing the bugs that occur when working with constraints?

2) And are you working on separately remembering the last used paths in the File Open and File Save dialogs?

Thanks

3 hours ago, rubs said:

2) And are you working on separately remembering the last used paths in the File Open and File Save dialogs?

I, too, would appreciate that :-)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

6 hours ago, Sean P said:

It will be in the next release and not the current 1.6.0.76 release.

Ohhh, I get it. Thanks!

With this beta I experience significant CPU activity (8-12%) when AD is idle, plus a memory leak.

Working on the same file in 1.5 all seems well.

Edited by Aammppaa
Clarity

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Hi !

Text on a path :

I can't move the end points where they are inside the selection box.

It's like if the text takes the focus when the cursor is inside the box... Here I can select it :

toap-ok.PNG.58bb8ed62296b8301d2e72660704e417.PNG

Here I can't...

toap-nope.png.737f4ea41c70d5322cb7e8f697726662.png

Thanks for your great job on Affinity Designer ! :) (And sorry for my english...)

Windows 10 21H2 -  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz - 16,0 Go - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

• Staff
17 hours ago, Burny said:

Hi !

Text on a path :

I can't move the end points where they are inside the selection box.

It's like if the text takes the focus when the cursor is inside the box... Here I can select it :

toap-ok.PNG.58bb8ed62296b8301d2e72660704e417.PNG

Here I can't...

toap-nope.png.737f4ea41c70d5322cb7e8f697726662.png

Thanks for your great job on Affinity Designer ! :) (And sorry for my english...)

Hi Burny,
Welcome to the Affinity Forums!  This is a known issue and should be fixed in the next beta!