You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.76

In the "Print" Dialog box there is no "OK" or "Cancel" Button....

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

14 hours ago, AlainP said:

In the "Print" Dialog box there is no "OK" or "Cancel" Button....

Hi AlainP, this has been fixed for the next build. You can press TAB to get around to the OK button, then hit ENTER, as a work around (though you might accidentally hit Cancel by mistake...).

I'm new to A/P I posted earlier about when I open a new NEF image its appears white or has coloured lines running through it but if the files have been on my laptop for awhile they open ok and should I download the new Beta ?

• Staff

Hi m850,

If you open a RAW file the colour temperature is measured in Kelvin. If you accept your develop changes and later return then it is expected for it to be measured in percentage.

If you open a JPG file and enter Develop mode the temperature is measured in percentage because there is no information from the camera about the temperature. 

5 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi m850,

If you open a RAW file the colour temperature is measured in Kelvin. If you accept your develop changes and later return then it is expected for it to be measured in percentage.

If you open a JPG file and enter Develop mode the temperature is measured in percentage because there is no information from the camera about the temperature. 

Без заголовка.jpg

I'm talking about something else.
I apologize for my Google translator.
The problem is the display of the tool. And the problem is in the light theme of the user interface.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

• Staff
10 minutes ago, m850 said:

Без заголовка.jpg

I'm talking about something else.
I apologize for my Google translator.
The problem is the display of the tool. And the problem is in the light theme of the user interface.

Ahhh yes! I see now - I've reproduced this and will get it passed onto development. Thanks again for your help. :)

Inserted is not something that is copied. Some of the letters and spaces disappear.

If you copy from LibreOffice and paste into AD, some of the letters are lost.
If you copy from LibreOffice and insert it into a notepad and then copy it from a notepad, then everything is inserted correctly.

Windows 11 64-bit,

Notepad removes text formatting... that's it... What is not being able to translate, somehow... Have you tried copy-pasting first to Windows Wordpad ? That would loose some of the formatting, but keeping bold/italics, etc. I haven't checked, just an idea.

Hmmm.... or no... not that simple....

If is not all of the text, just some of the letters, then can be the original font from Libreoffice has more or different characters in its TTF  (or whatever the type of font.) than the one you are using at A. Photo. Some spaces... maybe is not translating well the kerning or something... That seems a cyrillic type of font, what is needed.  Probably the destination font , the font you are using has not full cyrillic support. Is the font the same ? if it is, might be some stuff related to cyrillic support in AP. 

But ie, fonts that support cyrillic language, maybe you can make tests with one of these (again, I dunno if that's the issue or sth internal of AP)

https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/list/language/cyrillic

Edit: Nope, seems you are using Arial in both, checked the video. I guess is cyrillic support at some level/point.

Anyway, here, a list of supported characters supported of Unicode MS Arial font (maybe Windows's Arial differs from a special Arial version from Libreofice? Wouldn't be surprised... ).

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/font/arial_unicode_ms/blockview.htm?block=cyrillic

Maybe check with a different font than Arial in both, a font about which you are certain it has full support of Russian characters, then try the operation having set the text in that font for both apps and documents. So to eliminate factors.  :)

More about Arial and Russian characters encoding (once again, not sure if is an AP issue, but this would be a great way to know, testing with a font -probably not Arial-  that completely supports  cyrillic alphabet  ((for  instance downloading one from FontSquirrel , above  ))

http://winrus.com/fonts_e.htm

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

11 hours ago, SrPx said:

Notepad removes text formatting... that's it... What is not being able to translate, somehow... Have you tried copy-pasting first to Windows Wordpad ? That would loose some of the formatting, but keeping bold/italics, etc. I haven't checked, just an idea.

Hmmm.... or no... not that simple....

If is not all of the text, just some of the letters, then can be the original font from Libreoffice has more or different characters in its TTF  (or whatever the type of font.) than the one you are using at A. Photo. Some spaces... maybe is not translating well the kerning or something... That seems a cyrillic type of font, what is needed.  Probably the destination font , the font you are using has not full cyrillic support. Is the font the same ? if it is, might be some stuff related to cyrillic support in AP. 

But ie, fonts that support cyrillic language, maybe you can make tests with one of these (again, I dunno if that's the issue or sth internal of AP)

https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/list/language/cyrillic

Edit: Nope, seems you are using Arial in both, checked the video. I guess is cyrillic support at some level/point.

Anyway, here, a list of supported characters supported of Unicode MS Arial font (maybe Windows's Arial differs from a special Arial version from Libreofice? Wouldn't be surprised... ).

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/font/arial_unicode_ms/blockview.htm?block=cyrillic

Maybe check with a different font than Arial in both, a font about which you are certain it has full support of Russian characters, then try the operation having set the text in that font for both apps and documents. So to eliminate factors.  :)

More about Arial and Russian characters encoding (once again, not sure if is an AP issue, but this would be a great way to know, testing with a font -probably not Arial-  that completely supports  cyrillic alphabet  ((for  instance downloading one from FontSquirrel , above  ))

http://winrus.com/fonts_e.htm

Both programs use the same font. Even the same file that is in the package with the fonts. Arial very well supports Cyrillic fonts.

Windows 11 64-bit,

• Staff
On 7/28/2017 at 10:55 AM, m850 said:

Both programs use the same font. Even the same file that is in the package with the fonts. Arial very well supports Cyrillic fonts.

Would you be able to attach a Libre Office file for us containing the Russian Text that is failing to import correctly please? It will be very useful for us instead of trying to replicate using random Russian text.

Thanks!

49 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Would you be able to attach a Libre Office file for us containing the Russian Text that is failing to import correctly please? It will be very useful for us instead of trying to replicate using random Russian text.

Thanks!

File with Russian text.

Test.odt

Windows 11 64-bit,

• Staff

Hi m850,

I notice the text in the file given is different to that shown in your video. Unfortunately using the text in the file is displaying correctly when pasted - see screenshot. I was using Designer 1.6.0.76 and LibreOffice 5.4.0.3

DesignerText.png

12 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi m850,

I notice the text in the file given is different to that shown in your video. Unfortunately using the text in the file is displaying correctly when pasted - see screenshot. I was using Designer 1.6.0.76 and LibreOffice 5.4.0.3

DesignerText.png

Checked in the version of AP 1.5 AD 1.5 and AD 1.6.
I also noticed a problem with LUT. Maybe I'm not doing something right?

There were also problems with the impossibility of putting a point of minimum diameter. The point is placed only the average diameter. The minimum diameter is reached only on a piece. I'm talking about drawing on a Wacom tablet.

Windows 11 64-bit,

• Staff

@m850

Firstly thank you very much for reporting your issues and helping us improve the software! However could I ask that you create a new post for each issue you find please instead of posting them in the announcement threads? It makes it easier for us to deal with them and track them!

1. I've reproduced the issue with the pasting of the Russian Text - for some reason it is fine using an English version of Windows 10, however doing it on a Russian install causes the issues you are seeing so I will get them reported.

2. The issues with the LUT are a known issue and has been fixed in the most recent build of Photo, so you should see that in the next release. However the issue is in the export, so you will have to re-export any LUTs you had exported in Photo.
3. I'll get the brush dot pressure passed onto development.

4. I'll get this passed on to our translators to look into!

The stabilizer is still not a solution to the polygonal curves I get when drawing fast brush strokes.

I could use it for specific works that require slow & precise lineworks, but on a day to day basis, it's not relevant. ( and the polygonal stuff still appears with very low smoothing numbers )

It's too bad since the brush engine has a strong foundation and most of the previous bugs where fixed :(