You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.76

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

This is the fourth beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.6 may not open in 1.5 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.6 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.5 version.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed document draw for display scales other than 100% and 200%
  • Allow Colour Picker on ALT key in the Background Erase Brush
  • Changed Colour Picker "Presets" to "Radius" text
  • Fixed crash when attempting to open documents which we don’t understand
  • Changed HDR merge to get linear data from RAW files so it doesn’t need to estimate the tone curve
  • Fixed HDR merge of portrait RAW images
  • Reduced memory usage during selection refinement
  • Fixed clone / heal origin cursor issues
  • Fixed crash when dragging text onto document during develop
  • Fixed stabiliser context bar options not updating when switching modes (thanks Aammppaa)
  • Fixed transforming objects leaving part of the original object position visible
  • Fixed reading of non-fractional EXIF resolution property
  • Fixed crash when attempting to re-open a document which had failed to autosave
  • Added Russian translations
  • Fixed bad selection refinement border
  • Fixed failure to load EXIF information for file paths which contain non-ANSI characters
  • Fixed failure to load multiple image files at the same time
  • Fixed auto slices not moving when the parent objects move
  • Added support for tablets being plugged/unplugged while the app is running
  • Fixed Print dialog has truncated text and list control
  • Fixed CMYK values being able to exceed 100%
  • Fixed Character panel font type dropdown is not remembered when docked
  • Fixed files saved with selections are not reflected correctly when reopened
  • Improved line breaks for Chinese text
  • Fixed memory leaks during Auto-Levels / Auto-White Balance
  • Fixed crash in Panorama after using transform tool
  • Fixed crash on some documents using UnsharpMask and smart selection
  • Fixed PDF import of clipped groups containing a single line of text
  • Fixed PDF import of vector clips
  • Fixed preview brush nozzles not representing the current tablet rotation/tilt/angle

hummmmmmmm

very good job but ....

no the good translation in french .....

"suppression de flou " !!!! flou = blur !!!!

its "suppression du voile" or " suppression de brume " for dehaze>:(

but your release is amazing , wonderfull

YOU ARE THE BEST TEAM :):):)

Thanks Mark!!! A lot of work done on this release. I do notice a lag on the History panel updating again, which isn't there on my Beta 75. Have both installed, so can check side-by-side. I have History open, and it takes around 2 seconds to update in Beta 76. As we did moons ago, close History in Studio, and all is well again.

Also, when using the Selection Brush on large images (24Mp and up) there is a noticeable lag when painting. Sometime the screen will  go black while the data is being processed. Again, also not there in Beta 75.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Thank you "the Serif team" for this latest release.  A lot of work to say the least. John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Is there a way to rotate the canvas using gestures on a tablet.

I am using the windows versions of Designer and Photo on a Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16 and rotating the canvas does not work with gestures.

Can you please advise on this.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Sincerely.

24 minutes ago, m850 said:
Thank you for the Russian language! :-)

I hope it doesn't keep you so busy reporting translation errors that you don't have time to test the other fixes! devil2.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I hope it doesn't keep you so busy reporting translation errors that you don't have time to test the other fixes! devil2.gif

The interpreter did not give me the opportunity to understand your phrase. Will not it make it difficult for me to report inaccuracies in the translation? Or...?

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

51 minutes ago, Hofnaar said:

Goede update, maar alstublieft, alsjeblieft, vertel het ons, wanneer zullen jullie de Fujifilm RAW Developement Bug oplossen? Het is nog steeds niet bruikbaar voor fuji gebruikers. :(

May I know what that bug is for Fuji.

Hi,

two issues:

1. Healing brush works slow, not as slow in .75 but not as fast as in 1.5.x

2. There may be a memmory leak somewhere, AP took a lot of memory and closing photos did not free the memory. I'm looking into it.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

6 hours ago, m850 said:
The interpreter did not give me the opportunity to understand your phrase. Will not it make it difficult for me to report inaccuracies in the translation? Or...?

Let me try again.

I hope there are not so many errors in translation that you will not have enough time to check other corrections!

Гугл переводчик:

Дай мне попробовать снова.

Я надеюсь, что ошибок перевода не так много, что вы останетесь без достаточного количества времени, чтобы проверить другие исправления!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1. The HSL layer settings affect the color of the inpainting brush.
Https://youtu.be/TITEdPC5bWY
2. If the image is cropped and then apply filter apply image, then it spontaneously scales.
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD1Az1VRw1Y
3. The brush size settings from the keyboard are not synchronized with the brush settings from the panel.
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEe0PvZzt8c
4. https://youtu.be/DsaMoxPcGAg - The histogram in version 1.6 is not displayed in real time. In 1.5 everything is fine.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.