You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

lightroom mobile to affinity and dng convert question

Hi

working on ipad pro 12.9  2017

when I open my photo library in Lightroom mobile  I can see at once all the raw and open one of them immediately

when I browse my raw in affinity I get black frames everywhere and when I open one it takes much much longer ...  any idea why affinity is si slow and buggy to display raws ?

---------------------------------

I find Lightroom mobile better than affinity photo for dng conversion  but I cannot find the way to open  a converted raw in affinity from Lightroom

thanks for helping

• Staff

Hi erickb,

Our app uses Apples Core Image RAW to develop RAW files in Affinity Photo, Lightroom may use Adobes Camera RAW which may process the files differently. Can you confirm which make and model of camera the RAW files where taken on, so I can try and reproduce the issue of the black frames.

The converted RAW needs to be saved/exported from Lightroom to a cloud service or the Photos app first before importing into Affinity Photo.

I could save the RAW from lightroom to Photos app and open it in Affinity

my camera : Leica M 240 with native dng , look at the screenshot , it is impossible to use your affinity photo,  I can see one dng on 20 or 30 !
I  am shooting dng + jpg  and I dont see the jpg beside the dng, then at the end I am totally blind !

affinity-raw.jpg

• Staff

At the moment I can't reproduce the issue of no thumbnails loading, when importing the DNG file from the Photos app. I've tested with DNG files from a Leica M (Type 240), however even though they open for myself that exact model isn't listed on Apples supported Raw list.

The conversion is going to be different as the apps use different RAW engines to develop the files and you can use the tools available in the personas to further adjust the image.

What settings do you have in Settings > Photo & Camera and have they been directly imported into the Photos app?

in Settings > Photos > all is checked except Upload burst photos

If I open Photos from Lightroom I get all the RAWs , If I do the same from Affinity only a few are displayed

it could be IOS 11 beta 2 ?

The conversion is going to be different as the apps use different RAW engines to develop the files and you can use the tools available in the personas to further adjust the image.

I know but I cannot get even close to Lightroom quality, it is even better on my MAC with Capture One

i hope a lot for the next versions, not new tools but quality first

Hi Erickb, I too have an M240 and am also using the Beta iOS11.2. However, up until now have only been using Affinity for photos with my iPhone. What is your workflow? Are you importing your (RAW+JPG) files into iCloud and Photo’s? The reason I ask is that many of the photo apps can’t seem to point to iCloud.

Thanks.