You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Could the key command for Magnify be "relaxed" ?

the key combo to get a temporary magnifying glass for marqueeing around a selection you want to zoom in on is  CMD-Space, but the order matters: it must be Space first, then press CMD.

I have 25 years' worth of muscle memory for CMD-Space, regardless of which order. If you don't get the order correct in AD, you're left trying again, swiping, not zooming..very time wastey and frustrating.

Could AD be modified so that it doesn't matter what order you press those keys, that you still get the magnifying glass anyway?

If you press CMD, THEN space, you get a hand tool but the hand tool already has it's very own key: the Space bar, which conforms to years of convention.

Thank you!

vcat

• Staff

Hi VectorCat,

I think you'll find this is already in and working in the current beta version :) You have to turn off the System Preferences option for Spotlight (in the Keyboard options) when you use this key-combo, but you have to do that to make Adobe's one work, too.

Thanks,

Matt

OK..let me get clear on this.. A) Using the beta version of AD, and turning off or changing the key combo that invokes Spotlight will correct the key command producing a temp magnifying glass?

I've already changed my spotlight command to Ctrl-Space..one of the first things I do upon installing OS X..mainly because I want CMD-Space to be for magnify, in various apps..

thank you!

• Staff

In short. Yes.

You need to use the beta and turn off that option - then you can hit Cmd+Space, or Space+Cmd and get the same result - a zoom cursor that lets you zoom in... Add Alt/Option to the mix and you get a zoom out cursor.

:)

What about something like Cmd+Space then left click + move cursor to left to zoom out, left click + move cursor towards right to zoom in. Cursor position defines zoom target.

Same in adobe, makes tablet navigation a breeze. No need to switch between zoom tool and select tool.

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai