You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wanted: Layer Effects dialog should use same color-picking UI as everything else

I'm still choosing my palette for the project, so I'm still in the loop of (1) pick a new color, (2) change all the fills, strokes, and layer effects on relevant objects to use the new color, (3) step back and take it all in.

As you might imagine, I go through a lot of colors in this process. It's not worth it (yet) to create a document palette, or if there is one, it's still premature to add each of these colors to the doc palette, especially since all the color-pickers make it easy to choose recently-used colors. Or do they...

The Color box on every Layer Effect configuration tab uses a different color-picker than the one used by the shape-drawing tools. I checked every menu, and none of them includes the swatches of recently-used colors, which otherwise appears on the Swatches tab, directly above the drop-down of predefined palettes (e.g. "System", "Pantone+ Pastels & Neons Uncoated").

It would be great if I could get to my recently-used colors from the Color box belonging to e.g. Outer Glow. Instead, I usually use the eyedropper, but that requires taking time -- every time -- to rearrange the workspace to make a good sample area visible while the large Layer Effects dialog is open.

Thanks!

Here's the strip of recently-used swatches for Rectangle's Fill. It's got that crazy green I just felt like trying.

Affinity_Designer_-_resume-skilltree-css__Modified___300_0__.png.0f6fa0275dfc72253b7e948c9ffc7bfb.png

Here's the Layer Effects dialog, with the Color box belonging to Outer Glow, without recently-used colors. I can't pick my crazy green.

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 9.02.33 PM.png