You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Impossible to save

I have reproduce the problem after havin killed Affinity or rebooted the iPad Pro.

I have a 36MP files in 16bits, I draw on it with a 4096 brush arounf 20 times...

...then I got to the main menu to save... et the save take forever forever... and never finished.

If I draw less or with a smaller brush, everything is OK.

• Staff

Hey nmeunier,

I just opened the biggest image I have available to me (24MP) and it took a bit longer than usual to update the thumbnail when I pressed Home. I also added about 30 strokes with a 4096 brush. Any chance you can attach a sample image for me, or send me one?

I think at these sizes and brush sizes, it is to be expected that the app will slow down but it should be recovering.

Yes I do observe these problems where it takes ages to open or save and while working on selection & other tools it crashes. Currently I am working with support team to get these issue resolved they have asked me for the images so they can replicate the crashes hope to get the issue resolved .

On 7/20/2017 at 2:35 AM, nmeunier said:

I have reproduce the problem after havin killed Affinity or rebooted the iPad Pro.

I have a 36MP files in 16bits, I draw on it with a 4096 brush arounf 20 times...

...then I got to the main menu to save... et the save take forever forever... and never finished.

If I draw less or with a smaller brush, everything is OK.

Here is a option to isolate the issue. 

It might be helpful in isolating the crash if nmeunier connects his iPad to a Mac, opens Console app and clicks on the iPad. Then reproduces the bug on the iPad, after that go to the Console app select the whole log using log using "⌘ Command A" to select all of the log then "⌘ Command C" to copy the log. After that you can send the Staff a Private message with the log pasted "⌘ Command P" into the message body

On 7/20/2017 at 5:42 AM, Amit Singh said:

Yes I do observe these problems where it takes ages to open or save and while working on selection & other tools it crashes. Currently I am working with support team to get these issue resolved they have asked me for the images so they can replicate the crashes hope to get the issue resolved .

Join the beta so that the crash reports will be sent to the developers.

Beta signup

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.