You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dodging and burning?

• 2 weeks later...

Just 2 at that time. Original base layer and  a layer I thought I set up like the tutorial showed. I did get it to work finally. I believe it to be operator error. Improper syntax, sequence of when to tap screen to set cmd is not intuitive for me i.e. pick cmd from dialogue box does not appear to set it active. "Syntax" seems to be pick cmd, tap screen for layer set up then pick tool tap screen to activate tool or some such combo. Very new and alien to me. I'm digin it though. 

I believe the issue is programmatic. When I create the new pixel layer, apply fill @ 50% grey, set layer to overlay, pick the dodge or burn tool and check "more" the associated tool is "don't set". The icon on the lower left never changes from fill unless I manually set the associated tool at which point it works like pfm.  It would be helpfull if your tutorials went through what the settings should be for proper function.  ....or should the associated tool not change?

On 8/12/2017 at 7:07 AM, Ocdnorm said:

I believe the issue is programmatic. When I create the new pixel layer, apply fill @ 50% grey, set layer to overlay, pick the dodge or burn tool and check "more" the associated tool is "don't set". The icon on the lower left never changes from fill unless I manually set the associated tool at which point it works like pfm.  It would be helpfull if your tutorials went through what the settings should be for proper function.  ....or should the associated tool not change?

Can you test this bug after you update to affinity photo 1.6.4?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.