You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Looking for Smoke brushes to buy?

Affinity iPad Student

Looking for smoke brushes that create the exact same effect as the YouTube video below.

Must be compatible with Afinity Photo for iPad. Please show me a image, video or gallery of your brush in action, so I can decide if I want to buy. Thank you. 

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

21 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Affinity iPad Student,

It's probably easier to do a search on Google for commercial smoke brushes. Affinity Photo is able to import .abr files so it shouldn't be complicate to find some. You may also try to search for free ones as these brushes are relatively easy to find.

I'm not familiar with searching them I suppose. I have tried, I have no idea if it's because I'm new and maybe searching for it using wrong key phrases "smoke brushes, cool smoke brushes, realistic smoke brushes" I just keep running into cheap looking smoke effects.

For example, in my last thread awhile back:

@obtusity was kind enough to link me to a smoke brush collection download, unfortunately, they don't work? Or, I'm doing it wrong? When I choose them, they automatically open up to pixel width up in the 2000s, taking up half my screen, however, it does look realistic that way. However, my picture is not that big, and so, when I decrease the pixel width to about 40, the smoke effect, that looked real in the 2000s, looks like a thin bent up shoe string in the 40s - wth? All of the ones in that pack do this. 

I say all to say this, If you know of one or any, please share. 

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

If you don't mind referring that OTHER product.... and IF "photoshop" brushes work in Affinity (never tried it, myself..yet! ). If you Google "smoke effect photoshop brush", you'll find many free ones that might be what you need.

42 minutes ago, RobNJ said:

If you don't mind referring that OTHER product.... and IF "photoshop" brushes work in Affinity (never tried it, myself..yet! ). If you Google "smoke effect photoshop brush", you'll find many free ones that might be what you need.

As @MEB said, Affinity Photo is able to import *.abr files. It is currently unable to import *.tpl files.

Edited to add: I've just discovered that a TPL brush is nothing more than a saved variation of an ABR brush, so simply renaming your tool presets from *.tpl to *.abr should enable Affinity Photo to import them, but I don't currently have any TPL files to check that this works.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...