roberth

Symbols and duplicating Artboards

Hey, 

I was trying to get familiar with symbols and came across following behaviour. 

If I have an artboard with one or more symbols and duplicate this artboard with ctrl+j, then all symbols are detached in the duplicated version. If I copy the artboard with ctrl+c and paste it with ctrl+v, the symbols stay so this is propably not the intended behaviour for duplicating. This is kinda frustrating, working with symbols and duplicating artboards shouldn't be exclusive to each other. 

I can recreate this all the time and also with completely new and empty files just for testing. 

Same problem! And in Beta 1.6 this issue still present! 

When it be fixed, if even in 1.6 is not?

On 27.07.2017 at 0:11 PM, Chris B said:

Hey digital,

I'm not sure when you will see the fix and we never promise dates. Sorry :/

Very comfortable position for you. 

I left Adobe products, because they behaved exactly the same way. None of the bugs (they are all disturb comfortable work) have not yet concrete fix dates (or app versions), only promises...

I am deeply disappointed by the attitude towards the community.

I'm sorry you feel that way, truly. If we promised fix dates and couldn't stick to them due to regressions in beta's, that would be even more disappointing. We try and release fixes and beta's when they have had some internal testing.

I'm not overly sure why you feel so disappointed as I have told you it appears to have been fixed, I just can't promise you a date. 

Just wanted to say that I faced similar error: tried to duplicate a group of objects (Ctrl+J), containing some symbols inside, and they detached themselves. As in roberth's case, using Ctrl+C is a viable walkaround.

Currently using version 1.5.3.69 on Windows