You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Well, the time for the release pricing promotion is very short.  I did not miss it, I just don't have iPad yet like many others out there who is waiting to get one.   iPad Pro in my city are all sold out.  I dont know about other cities but the promotion may have not account for the fact that no all consumers can make a purchase at once.  We can only make a purchase once we have the iPad on our hands.  

Thanks for addressing my question.  You can argue I can always buy the app first before getting the iPad, but I personally would not do that. Synonymously, would you buy all the furnitures first before getting a house? What if you decided to buy a condo instead?  You almost have to wait for 2 weeks if you placed an order for the new iPad.  I could be wrong but I believe most consumers would buy app directly with the device that they are using.  

Hey all.

I just purchased Affinity for my iPad Pro (yeah, the 10.5 is difficult to find ATM),  I was disappointed to find that I missed the introductory offer for the release, but, really, for $30, it's a pretty amazing program.  I ran in to the color picker bug, which I hope is fixed sooner than later, but this certainly will replace most of my Adobe apps.  There are a couple of RAW processors that I'm still going to use on my PC, but for the amazing quality and effortless integration with the Pencil, I don't really see how 30 dollars vs 20 dollars is something to complain about.

I've used PS since their original release, and this is more than likely going to end my subscription to your competition.  

You have developed a great program, but please fix the color picker auto-apply :)

- r

Well, now the color picker auto apply is working...and, yes, the light grey ring was certainly around the button...it seemed like it "kicked in" after using the manual apply through the color dialogue.

Edited by revel8or
New information about color picker

This is an beyond amazing app for iPad. 

I've been an iOS only mobile lifestyle for over 8 years now. (No PC)  This is one of those far and few classic apps that appear. A true grace to the mobile sector, a true game changer, done with touchscreen in mind. Gestures, long presses, swipes. Oozes with the heart and soul applied to crafting this gem. Serif is on their MF'ng game.

Anyways, I say all that, to say this --  This app deserves the full NON DISCOUNTED price. I spend more on bulk purchase of toiletries. 

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

On 2017-07-19 at 0:01 AM, woodeasy said:

Well, the time for the release pricing promotion is very short.  I did not miss it, I just don't have iPad yet like many others out there who is waiting to get one.   iPad Pro in my city are all sold out.  I dont know about other cities but the promotion may have not account for the fact that no all consumers can make a purchase at once.  We can only make a purchase once we have the iPad on our hands.  

The price is extremely reasonable (even without the discounted price). I opted to take advantage of the sale price by purchasing the app prior to receiving my iPad. YMMV.

FWIW, thanks for creating such a great piece of software.

You shouldn't quote me on this.  I never said the price is unreasonable.  In fact, this is one of the few applications that I am willing to pay for.  I think it is a great application even by just reading the threads.  I still have not got my iPad yet.  I just hope you all can appreciate the fact that different consumers got different habits.  I believe most people spent more money on toiletries than apps unless we are talking about a caveman who just owns a mobile device or something.  I met people who would buy the apps first before getting the actual device.  And finally, I have also heard of people who would buy a coffin and put it their home long before they need it.  Anyway, I will make purchase when the moment arrives.    

21 minutes ago, I-Luv-Marmite said:

Is there any discount for those who already have the iMac version of Affinity Photo?

No, but its currently discounted to £19.99, (for everyone) you wont get it any cheaper

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.