Neshiah474

Crashing, crashing, crashing.

Hi ChuckD,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm sorry you are having issues with the application. Is it crashing with any files or just those specifically from that camera?

What actions are you performing when the application crashes? If you could give us more details for us to try to reproduce the issue here we may be able to help you/fix the issues.

Same here, have had to give up on this for now as I can’t waste anymore time with it, just hopeless at the moment. Both Snapseed and Pixelmeter are solid apps that between them can do most if not all of what I currently needed to do with Affinity, plus both can do it all without ever having to watch endless YouTube tutorial videos just to figure out how to do the simplest adjustment. I must say that there have been times using this app when it felt like I was on that old game show the krypton factor trying to solve a puzzle without any clues, just to make a seemingly simple tweak such as making a selective colour adjustment to grass for instance can feel like an experiment, a time consuming experiment at that, which might be ok if only I wasn’t sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for it to crash again.

I really think this app should have been given away for free until it was fit for purpose so that those who just might have the time and inclination to play with it could beta test it properly but to charge £20 to be a beta tester is a little disappointing as far as I am concerned.

Let’s hope at some point in the future they get this thing stable but I can honestly say that this has not been an enjoyable experience for me at all, the time spent messing with this thing has gone forever and life is just too short as it is.

I am running IOS 11.0.3 on an 11inch iPad Pro with 128 Gig. After loading several photos into Affinity Photo, processing and exporting them, I am deleting them all, leaving an empty app. I do this several times a week. After a very short time, with an empty app, the memory use continues to grow, indicating a memory leak in Affinity Photo. Two days ago the use for the app reached 40Gig, even though the interface showed no photos. The only way to reclaim the memory was to delete and reload the app from the cloud. It’s a workaround until this memory problem is fixed. This post should come as no surprise to Serif support because it has been talked about in the forums now for 2-3 months. My question is: when will it be fixed? 

56 minutes ago, Halfbake said:

I really think this app should have been given away for free until it was fit for purpose so that those who just might have the time and inclination to play with it could beta test it properly but to charge £20 to be a beta tester is a little disappointing as far as I am concerned.

Releasing a new application onto a new platform will always expose problems that have not been seen during the development stage as different configurations of users devices can affect how the application performs.

Yes, you are in effect a beta tester and personally, I would be much more annoyed if I had paid £150 for the app rather than £20.

But in saying that I still think that the 10/14 day "trial" period is much too short and it should be the "standard" 30 days.

10/14 days is simply not enough time to test a new app or to report back on any critical bugs found and to expect a patch/fix within that time frame.

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

I just want to report also about the same issues that i always encounter in my affinity photo in ipad pro which is crashing. Most of the time it suddenly hang or just closed every time I use it. I always update it to its most recent version but still it is still happening.

Can somebody help me to fix this issue because it’s hussle in my work process.

thanks!

1 hour ago, engrgroundzero said:

I just want to report also about the same issues that i always encounter in my affinity photo in ipad pro which is crashing. Most of the time it suddenly hang or just closed every time I use it. I always update it to its most recent version but still it is still happening.

Can somebody help me to fix this issue because it’s hussle in my work process.

thanks!

It’s an ongoing situation. You can’t fix it.

I'm also still getting regular crashes, with 1.6, too (on high-end Chillblast Win10 system). It just dies, inelegantly, with no indication of why. No other photo editor I use does this. I really like AP so I put up with it, but it would be really good if it were fixed.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast Photo with i7-3770 + 16Gb RAM + Philips 40in 4K; Surface Pro 4 i5

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

On 10/27/2017 at 7:43 AM, MEB said:

Hi ChuckD,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm sorry you are having issues with the application. Is it crashing with any files or just those specifically from that camera?

What actions are you performing when the application crashes? If you could give us more details for us to try to reproduce the issue here we may be able to help you/fix the issues.

Hello MEB. 

I am having a major issue with one of the PSD files I imported to AP. I imported it as a flat .PSD then did my usual workflow stuff creating adjustment layers, pixels layers, masks, etc. (fashion retouching). I have 13 adjustment layers grouped together into a folder and few pixel layers below them outside the folder. File is from a Sony A7RII so it is 7952x5304 px 16bit. I got to a point where now every time the app autosaves it crashes, I'd be in the middle of doing something and it just closes. If I go to defaults>save to manually save it crashes. Worst thing is that I try to hit (save a copy) sometimes it crashes sometimes it doesn't however when it saves the copy, I try to upload to my google drive folder I get the following message "The Op. can't be completed - couldn't communicate with a helper application" please advise ASAP as I am unable to finish my work and I have a deadline on Monday EOD!! I'm using a 256GB 10.5 ipad pro and I've barely used 80GB of space on it. Latest iOS (updated 2 days ago) and latest AP version. 

Thanks!!!!!!!  

I am finding 1.6.7.75 pretty stable (rarely crashes) but still 1 or 3 bug fixes away from store release.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.150 Affinity Design 1.7.2.4 Publisher for iPad ?