You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello and thank you in advance for your help.  I've included a screen shot of my issue: a single Affinity Photo processed portrait JPEG as exported from AP in medium quality (1.7 MB).  All three are of exactly the same photograph, displayed through (from L to R) Affinity Photo, Adobe Bridge CS5 and Windows (7 Premium home Edition 64 bit) Explorer Picture Directory.  The image originated as a NEF RAW file (Nikon D7200) via DNG converter into AP Develop persona, then processed in photo persona at 8 bit RGB.  The same JPEG image opened in Photoshop CS5.1 (64 bit) opens in ACR and is as dark as the illustrated image in Adobe Bridge.  However, when attached to an email, the over saturated 'orange' version occurs.  Oddly reassuring is that the printed version matches the AP one beautifully.  My monitor is Dell UP2516D

Will you be producing an asset management programme to work with AP any time soon?  

Thanks again, 

Lubiloo

AP JPEG issue.png

• Staff

Hi Lubiloo,

The other programs may using a different colour profile than the standard sRGB 2.1 that Affinity Photo uses and this will alter how the image is displayed on screen.

We have been asked by other users for an asset management program and we may make one in the future.

Hello, DWright

Thanks for your response.  I've checked colour profiles and done a 'test' run at each 8 bit and 16 bit RGB, as follows: DNG to ACR> Photoshop> save as>JPEG> open and display on Dell UP2516D monitor in (from L-R on attached screenshot) Affinity Photo, Photoshop, Adobe Bridge and Windows Photo Viewer = all OK with good colour match between UI's/programmes.  

However, when I adjust workflow (same file at 8 bit and 16 bit RGB) thus: DNG>AP (Develop)>AP Photo persona>Export JPEG, the same aberation as previously illustrated occurs; the JPEG is dark and displays oddly across UI/programmes596f86bc3aca6_APJPEGissue2.thumb.png.6c2050f0e7ce83722ae0f450c7b67680.png.  I596f86bc3aca6_APJPEGissue2.thumb.png.6c2050f0e7ce83722ae0f450c7b67680.png do ensure that I restore the DNG to 'as shot' and neutral camera profiles.  I turn off all 'assistance' options in AP Photo develop persona

What color profile are you using for the JPEG export from Affinity Photo?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hello, R C-R

Just now, R C-R said:

What color profile are you using for the JPEG export from Affinity Photo?

sRGB 

I am sorry, but I have NO idea why my screenshot seems to have duplicated and taken over the post...