You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suggestions to improve Affinity Photo

Dear Developers (pun intended),

1) The export process is very cumbersone in general. Here several issues: In the export persona, why can I only export slices? This is confusing. By the way, it took me several minutes to find the "export" button since it is not always visible and somehow hidden on a tab (ther is no button on the layers tab). When I select accidentally a preset in "Exportvorgabe" [German Version] from the slices tab, this setting overrules my setting that I have chosen above. I cannot unselect it any more and have to leave the export persona and re-enter. That's Annoying.

Furthermore, my procedure of developing/exporting pics from a photography session is to first adapt the selected pics to my needs (color, brightness etc.) and then export them all. This means I have more than one file opened. And here comes the issue: when I switch to the export persona with several files opened, I have to do this for every single opened file! This is cumbersone. You could at least introduce a button "export all opened files". Thats why I currently prefer exporting from the photo persona using the menu (file/export...). The problem here as well as in the export persona is that I have always to choose my own settings again, Affinity does not remember my settings from the last export. This should be urgently changed and was already mentioned elswhere here in the forum.

2) In the develop persona, I would like to have a bit sronger effects of some sliders. The Shadows and Lights slider has almost no effect in some pictures.

3) When using the overlay brush ("Overlay malen" in German version) in the develop persona, the "Klarheit" and the details/noise sliders are greyed out. Would love to have them active, too.

4) Non destructive RAW development would be very nice. Whenever I switch from develop persona to photo persona and back to develop persona, the slider settings are reset and I do not exactly know which settings I changed before.

5) Add a Catalog Persona where the user can rate, catalogue, set meta-tags etc.

Finally, let me congratulate to this software! Affinity Photo is on its way to be the best software on the market. I stopped using Photoshop completely and I use Lightoom only occasionally. I also got the very impressive iPad version and Affinity Designer, the latter one replaces my good old Corel Draw. Keep up the excellent and customer-friendly way of software development.

Regards

Jens