rjmusto

Slow response from in-painting brush

Hi,

I am using AFP 1.5.2 on Mac OSX 10.12.5

Great app, love it.

One issue I have though is this:  one of my steps in editing photos is to zoom in close and check for small faults, using the in-painting brush to get rid of them. This process usually involves lots of single clicks, rather than any long strokes. But I find it regularly stalls, with the in-painting progress bar sitting for maybe 5 or 10 sec before finishing. So it is kind of; click, click, click..wait....click,click, click....wait......  Quite annoying. 

On some occasions I have had to wait about 1min for the in-painting process to finish. And these are all very small paints - I am zoomed in to 150 or 200%.

Anyone else have this problem?

Hey rjmusto, welcome to the Affinity Forums. 

The Inpainting tool is probably more suited to long drags as opposed to lots of single clicks. There are other tools that might be quicker such as the Blemish Remover. If you really insist on using the Inpainting Tool, you might want to try rasterizing the layer beforehand. Let me know if that helps or not :)